Anyone in cardiff or on their first week?!

HI GUYS,

My first week and would like to speak to a few that are on the same stage as me to help eachother through :)

I started SS Monday.. had a cheeky weigh-in y'day and lost 4lbs already! wooop :p

Hey aimzee_babiee,

I'm from cardiff :) I started SS yesterday after 2 days prep!
I managed all day in work on a Strawbery shake & some porridge, I got home and REALLY struggled.

Have you tried the soups? I had spicy tomato last night and felt quite ill afterwards!

Congrats on the 4lbs!! Got my first WI on monday, fingers crossed for a good loss!

Hi :) thanks for replying!

I tried leek & potatoe (was the best out of them all but really powdery), Chicken & Mushroom (which was okk i guess) and the spicey tomatoe (was too spicey for me.)
I was having the soups in the evenings and was really dreading them everytime - so now i've changed to all shakes and get excited top try the new flavours so thats a result!

I have my first WI tonight aswel :) good luck for yours!! Im sure the results will keep us motivated lol

I'm quite fussy with food & textures so have struggled, but plan to try some new flavours after tonight!
I now have frozen choc tetras for breakfast, then stick to vanilla/ strawb shakes, leek & pot soup (only one I can handle) and hot choc shakes!

I had a sneaky peek this morning, probably shouldn't have.
It said loss of 9lbs!! Think I'm still in shock now as I did drink on the weekend and had a plain chicken breast beforehand so my alcohol had something to absorb too! (even if it was little!)
Came home at 4am with no takeaway and didnt feel drunk! such a result as thought id be a mess!

Good luck for tonight! let me know how you get on!

xo

aw well done you!! i lost 6lbs :( lol still good i guess but nowhere near as good as yours!
I was thinking what alcohol will do to you on this diet - looks ok to do judgin by you as I have a party sat night and wasn't sure to attend or not lol

do you get notifications when i reply back? it never tells me if someone has replied....

6lbs is amazing! I would of ben extremely happy with that if it had been me!
Imagine how long it would take you to lose that much whilst eating normally and exercising or calorie counting?

I did get told off by my CDC for drinking last night as it can be very dangerous and to be honest I probably wont again now until hols in September!
If your going to, be really careful .. alternate between alcohol and water through out the night!
Looking back it was a waste of money (plus the calories!!) for me as didnt feel at all different to how I felt before I went out!

If you go to 'Subscribed Thread's at the top right of your page and it will tell you the last person who posted in ones you have and how long ago it was :)

How's your day been?

xo

Ohh yes I see! thanks :)

yea - i might not i heard it was dangerous - and its only my second week i havn't lost motivation yet, coz i could be in the 10stones next week so thats keepin me positive:D

my days going okk.. im just on the shakes throughout the day. i tried soups and i tried the chocolate bars and got sick of them both. but the shakes i find ok as theres sooo much to choose from!

hows yours going?

are you doing any exercise?

I felt awful last night, my OH made per peri chicken & chips in front of me and I really struggled which is wierd because I was so positive about my loss!

I'm having the frozen tetras in the morning then still having leek & pot soup for lunch and a shake for tea! Feeling positive though!
I'll probably get bored soon though! Going to try a mango shake and a half choc, half coconut one this week for a change!

I'm not at the moment before I started I was doing 6-7 hours a week, some in the gym, some swimming!
My CDC told me not to for 2 weeks but think im going to start back swimming at some point this week as I miss it!
Are you doing any or do you plan to?
I dont want to halt weight loss because of muscle build so going to take it easy, but i need to do something!

yea i just want to tonee, bu that'll probs build muscle... but to be honest not reallyyyyy worried about weight - i like the inch loss part that's wat im concentratin on more :)

Hi Ladies, i'm in Cardiff as well! Been on this now for 7 weeks, and managed to shift 2 stone so far, so stick with it! Bit like you aimzee i'm liking the inches and my dress size dropping the most! As long as i can be a comfy 12/14 so i can buy clothes i like, not just because they fit, i'll be a happy bunny! I'm hoping if i can stick with SS another month i'll be able to shift the last bit as i work up the steps.
I have also been excercising since the second week, and have felt fine with it. I go to David Lloyd club, mostly swimming, but doing the odd Zumba class, and trying kettle bells tomorrow, supposed to be good for the toning!
Stick with it Ladies, you're both doing really well!

Ohh yes I see! thanks :)

yea - i might not i heard it was dangerous - and its only my second week i havn't lost motivation yet, coz i could be in the 10stones next week so thats keepin me positive:D

my days going okk.. im just on the shakes throughout the day. i tried soups and i tried the chocolate bars and got sick of them both. but the shakes i find ok as theres sooo much to choose from!

hows yours going?

are you doing any exercise?
DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

Hi Ladies, i'm in Cardiff as well! Been on this now for 7 weeks, and managed to shift 2 stone so far, so stick with it! Bit like you aimzee i'm liking the inches and my dress size dropping the most! As long as i can be a comfy 12/14 so i can buy clothes i like, not just because they fit, i'll be a happy bunny! I'm hoping if i can stick with SS another month i'll be able to shift the last bit as i work up the steps.
I have also been excercising since the second week, and have felt fine with it. I go to David Lloyd club, mostly swimming, but doing the odd Zumba class, and trying kettle bells tomorrow, supposed to be good for the toning!
Stick with it Ladies, you're both doing really well!

Wow 2 stone! well done!

I'm looking forward to getting back to exercise, especially swimming!
I cant wait to buy clothes I actually like, instead of ones I feel I should wear. I have a pair of denim hotpants in a 12 (very small 12 I must say!) and I'd love to get into them and feel good in them by hols!

There are always questions about both these subjects, if you work out listen to your body , if you feel dizzy stop , just don't over do it . also some people say they have gained weight too , all you can do is wait till your energy levels are up and do what you feel you can do .
Some people overdo it and feel ill . but you have to listen to your body and plenty of water .

went to zumba last night! was going good but totally ran outa energy by 45 mins! then wen i got home and took my shower i was abit light headed bu soon as i sat down was fine! feeling fine today aswell - might go swimming tonight abit less intense :)

Must admit i find swimming a lot easier than the classes, if my friend has to miss a class i swim instead! Partly becaus i feel such a pleb in Zumba!!

im feelin really sick today - like all the shakes are turning my stomach :( anyone get that feelin??

Back