Anyone kept weight off after slim & save?

Rocky Road

Hi all,

Just starting back on slim and save after a very long break, ahem around 18 months! Back on it today and just wondering if anyone on here has lost weight on slim and save and managed to keep it off for at least a year after re-feeding.

It would be great to hear from you if you have. Also can anyone comment on hair loss on slim and save as that scares me.

Thanks xxx

Oh dear. Not one comment is a bit worrying ?

Hi Rocky,

This is my 3rd time on a VLCD because like most people I get to goal then go back to old habits and the weight creeps back on because even though the diet is great for losing weight it doesn't help us much when were back in the real world trying to make healthy food choices.

I did Weight watchers years ago and although my losses were very slow it did teach me all about healthy eating and correct portion sizes so I think this time I'll get myself to goal then switch to ww for a while because I'm determined to keep it off this time.

Oh and I've never had any problem with any hair loss but i think that's only a problem for people who follow the diet with a lot of weight to loss so have to follow the plan for a long period of time x

Re: Anyone kept weight off after slim & save?

I did Cambridge 3 years ago and lost 4 stone, kept it off for 6 months then got pregnant and literally ate for 2 x x

Lyndzi I was the very same, within 2wks of getting to my goal weight I found out I was pregnant and ended up heavier than when I started!! lol

But it is a good reason to gain weight :) x

Ps: Lyndzi can I just say how amazing your weight loss has been I just hope I'm as successful, do you have just 4 packs + veg or 3 packs + the protein meal?

Thanks Tracey. I generally do 3 packs a day with cucumber, egg or chicken as a snack if I'm hungry.

I'm fallen off the wagon abit at the moment but hope I can get back into it.

How old is your little one now?

My son is three now, it took me a year to finally try and get my weight back on track after he was born so I came to S&S last year and got to within a stone of my goal then took a break to go on holiday and one thing led to another and i never came back and the weight creeped back on, so here I am back again determined to get to goal this time :) x

Remember though people who have successfully maintained probably wont be on here anymore xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey I lost 5st with lighter life and kept it off apart from 1.5st which is really because I relaxed my regime. I went from an 18 to an 8/10 then back to 10/12. I'm now back in my small jeans tho. I've now lost 12lbs with slim and save and a few more lbs I'll be back at my goal weight.

I say it's hard to maintain I have to be mindful of what I eat and keep active, but I never want to be where I was again

Start 10st 11.4lbs
Goal weight 9st 3lbs
Ultimate goal weight 8st 10lbs

Hey I lost 5st with lighter life and kept it off apart from 1.5st which is really because I relaxed my regime. I went from an 18 to an 8/10 then back to 10/12. I'm now back in my small jeans tho. I've now lost 12lbs with slim and save and a few more lbs I'll be back at my goal weight.

I say it's hard to maintain I have to be mindful of what I eat and keep active, but I never want to be where I was again

Start 10st 11.4lbs
Goal weight 9st 3lbs
Ultimate goal weight 8st 10lbs

When you maintain do you allow yourself bad foods sometimes? I would hate to think I will lose all the weight but have to live on chicken and salad for the rest of my life x

Jewel that's a good question because I feel the same and that's why I'm only aiming for 11.7st because in my adult life the lightest I have ever been is 11st and that was before I had my son and was eating really low cal and going to the gym 4/5 times a week which being honest just wouldn't be sustainable for me now with a toddler.

I'm a foodie and I love my food so if you asked me if I wanted to be 12st and could have a few naughty meals a week or 8st but had to eat salad forever id chose 12st.

I know once i get to my goal it's all about finding a balance, so for me a sustainable lifestyle would be:

Start back at the gym 2/3 times a week.

Start walking more and using the car less.

Eat healthily on week days but but allow myself treats at the weekends within reason.

I could kid myself that once im at goal i will go to the gym 5 days a week and walk everywhere but with 2 kids to run around after I know its just not achievable so i know this is the most i could comfortably achieve and I could never have this and maintain at 9-10st which is why I'm aiming for 11.7 and that weight gets me into a size 14 and I'm happy with that :).

Of course if my weight naturally goes lower than that i wouldn't complain ;) x

Last edited:
See before I had my kids I was 9 stone but I was pretty active, didnt eat that much really and partied a lot. These days I cant go to the gym as I have 2 special needs kids that I care for full time and I love my food. I know that when I get to goal, maintaining will be really hard as I just don't have time to exercise like I should. For this reason I'm not trying to get back to 9 stone and have instead made my goal 10st 7lbs. I am going to try get to 10st then allow for 7lbs gain after refeed x

Just spotted this thread so thought I'd jump in!
I did Exante and S&S from September 2011 until November 2012 (with breaks and blips along the way).
I'm now 10st 7lbs and have maintained at roughly this weight for a year now.
It's not easy by any means but it's more than worth the perseverance!
Good luck with your goals!
X

Wow Alex, I can't believe the weight you have lost, that's amazing xx

Back