Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

anyone kids gone 2 uni?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by benji55, 2 October 2011 Social URL.

1. benji55

benji55 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    SW
    my daughter has gone 2 uni in england(im from northern ireland)missing her so much though im soo proud off her,just wondering if theres any other mummys missing the kids who have gone 2 uni

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarahelizabeth

Sarahelizabeth Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(22.09%)
    Diet:
    low fat and calorie counting
    Hello! I have been through it twice now and it really is ok and gets better! Your daughter will be back before you know it and remember she will be home for 4 months next summer as well as Christmas and Easter. I know it is slightly different for you as she can't just hop on a bus and come home for the odd weekend but from her point of view she will settle down better and make more friends. You will adjust I promise and even enjoy some new aspects of your life too! You will be thinking of her the whole time but I can assure you she will just be getting on with her new life. It's a big change for both of you but as you say a proud time too!x

4. broadsbean

broadsbean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st12lb
    Current Weight:
    25st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    my oldest is in her 3rd year, although did a yrs placement last year so tecnically her 4th yr.
    When she first went i practically facebook stalked her:eek:
    Not the best idea i ever had cos sometimes its just better to not know !:D

She settled and so did I, bit starteled when she took off to germany for her work placement but she learned so much and matured well.
    I am very proud of her.
    You will never stop worrying, but it does get better.
    Good luck to her.

(remind me i said that next yr when my youngest goes !!!!!:8855:)

5. Hamish's Mum

Hamish's Mum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.7lb(22.41%)
    Diet:
    slim & save
    My oldest is going next year and I am already dreading it. You have my sympathy.

6. benji55

benji55 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    SW
    thank s really appreciate all the kinds words,she has settled really well,but will b away 4 5 yrs as shes doing medicine,yep ive facebook stalked her and her new friends,lol,must stop that now

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.