• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

anyone know anything about...

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
Cake decorating???

I made a cake for my OH's passout for the army, and am hooked, i am making easter eggs for the kids this easter etc

and want to do it as a hobby...

can anyone suggest ways of getting into it,

does any one do it

and can anyone tell me is it super pricey???

Sorry to talk about cake :copon:

i will put a piccie up of the one i made let me know what u think :D (if someone can tell me how ha)

xxxxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
lol, i have just baked a cake, its a trial run for my friends birthday if it passes to her expectations im going to attempt a 12" square one. if that goes wrong im going to buy one. Sorry i cant help i just bake for friends and watch them eat :) lol

No but...There is a show on uktv all next week at 9pm called Ace of Cakes - it looks fab, bit like Miami Ink but obviously about cake decorators and their creations!
Well done though - something I've never tried, love making cakes though...won't go into too much detail but different types of sponges etc. I don't think I've got enough patience to actually decorate them, I guess in the past I'd just get on and eat them!! haha! x

god on ya nothin wrong with a bit of cooking lol

only thing i can suggest is look about online for info

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
No but...There is a show on uktv all next week at 9pm called Ace of Cakes - it looks fab, bit like Miami Ink but obviously about cake decorators and their creations!
Well done though - something I've never tried, love making cakes though...won't go into too much detail but different types of sponges etc. I don't think I've got enough patience to actually decorate them, I guess in the past I'd just get on and eat them!! haha! x

How strange!!! Im watchin Ace of cakes AS I TYPE!! its what made me do the thread cos i realllly wana get into it!

the programme is boss xx

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
yeah jus lookin online now, looks so pricey, might go to a cake makin shop an see if i can do like a weekend aprenticeship....

bloody hell commitment there

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
commitment where??

doin an apprenticship is a way to learn it all an get paid for it instead of payin out millions for classes ha,

wud b like 50quid a week, but cheaty way of learnin what i wana know!

shut up anyway, u will be askin me to make u one soon enough :p

i wana show u all the army cake i made but duno how i can get a photo up! x

too right when i hit my goal your deffo making me one

thanks lol

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
My CAke!!

ooh yeah there's a lot of money in posh cakes - how exciting - could be a great career! Oooh didn't know it was on tonight, my OH is watching about victorians!!! -humphh - but I will be watching the rest of the week!

MiniB

Here we go again!
Good luck with the cake decorating. My bro was training to be a chef years ago and did a cake decorating course in the evenings. The things he made was amazing. There's a lot of money to be made in cakes and think you should go for it. Good luck!

:( i wanna see the cake but dont have face book :(

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
i jus wana do it as a hobby at first then get good at it...

My OH is in the army, so eventually i wana b makin weddin christening an birthday cakes etc for servicemens families...

Thats the plan!

that way i can be a stay at home mum, but still bringin in the pennies!!

thanks anyways everyone! xxxx

any news on the baby front ?

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
not yet chikkie, was throwing up on saturday but think that was down to the dentist haha

12 days til i can do a test... dont think i am though! xx

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
How cool! I have been wanting to get into cake making and decorating for a few weeks now (am defo guna watch that ace of cakes programme!) I've even asked my friend to go to evening classes with me if i can find some! Maybe they have some classes like that where you live???

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
Iv been looking hun but cant find any. that why im thinking of doing it as an apprenticship!!

desperate to start though. just think it is so exciting haha

will let u know if i find classes!!

and ye the ace of cakes is fab, there were like 4 back to back last night an i watched them all hehe xxx

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Aprentiship .... what does that involve then?
Maybe i can do that once ive finished uni! ahaha!!!! ;)