Anyone managed to avoid certain people?

fizzstar

bye bye belly
I know this is daft, but did you avoid certain people so they didnt comment on weight loss/looking different? If not, did you cover up?

I'm trying to avoid my mother-in-law, and its going to come to it sooner or later.But I desperatly need to avoid her, I cant let her see me/my weight loss until im finished and refeeding. She doesnt like this diet, really hates it, and when I first started (and hadnt had a noticable loss) for those first few days she made my life a living misery and called people in my family to let them know I looked 'gravely ill' [I didnt! lol] So last week when I saw her, I just said 'oh no thanks, I feel really ill today' and she put on fb 'think I might be having another grandchild on the way woooo' errr no. So I could really do with tips on covering up, excuses, avoiding? Anything really!!! She has no idea im back on ;)

I don't effing believe you ! what sort of person is she to be putting something like that on FB? like seriously I'm shocked! I've managed to avoid people yes but the way your MIL sounds I'd say you'd have to move to Siberia to get away with not seeing her....

silly snacker said:
I don't effing believe you ! what sort of person is she to be putting something like that on FB? like seriously I'm shocked! I've managed to avoid people yes but the way your MIL sounds I'd say you'd have to move to Siberia to get away with not seeing her....

Thank god I don't have one .... X

I hate her - trust me on that one I cannot stand the sight of her. My OH did stand up to her though over the fb status! He knows how I feel on the subject and I was ready to rip her head off. Hahaha, cheap one way tickets it is then? ;)

I just dont want to spend the next god knows how long in baggy tee's, just incase she might notice. Noone is supportive of me on this diet and shes main culprit. Hence wanting to avoid/cover up. The only times I come into contact with her is fridays or sundays, and theyre short and sweet, 1hr max. She knows I dont drink (its usually the pub we see her) so she always buys me lemonade .... cant have it this time round! I'm tempted to ask OH if he will just leave me at home?

Bless u, this isn't an easy journey so far is it!

Can u not say u are healthy eating and exercising if she does notice? You could say u are having water instead of lemonade to cut out the sugar?

Good luck :) x

Oh and my MIL lives in Scarborough and we live in Donny so this weekend will be the first time she's seen me since jan wen I started x x

Bless u, this isn't an easy journey so far is it!

Can u not say u are healthy eating and exercising if she does notice? You could say u are having water instead of lemonade to cut out the sugar?

Good luck :) x

I could say that, although doubt she'll fall for it. My loss isnt noticable - not at all, but soon it will be. I'm tempted to by like-for-like clothes, and tell her, her eyesight is playing up? :p
Oh and my MIL lives in Scarborough and we live in Donny so this weekend will be the first time she's seen me since jan wen I started x x

Wow! You lucky mare. You dont have to put up with her all the time, how lucky is that! We live about 10minutes from the witch :(

Ha ha yeah wear the same outfit everytime but keep getting smaller sizes :)

10 mins, nightmare :( x x

I'm thinking of starting up a business making voodoo dolls to order - think i'd get a huge customer base from this forum alone hehehehe! Glad im not alone, xxx

fizzstar said:
I'm thinking of starting up a business making voodoo dolls to order - think i'd get a huge customer base from this forum alone hehehehe! Glad im not alone, xxx

I'll have one ;-) x

Oh my god you poor thing. What a nightmare MIL. I cant believe she put that up on FB!!!!!

My mil law lives next door!!! To be fair though she is fine and doesnt interfere. My mum lives just nearby too so I see her nearly every day. I think because I see her so often she hasnt noticed any weightloss in me yet. I also havent been doing too well on this diet so that could explain her not seeing a loss!!! My sis is the one I have to avoid. She is a b**** about this diet. She says it is a fad and fools are easily parted with their money. So I have been avoiding her and hopefully I can continue to do that. No one except my OH knows I am on the diet. I am a size 14/16 and my sis is an 18/20. She is a few inches smaller than me but can be a right b**** about weight. She keeps offering me her clothes which I think is her way of trying to make me feel that I am as fat(sorry) as her. I am no skinny minny but we are not the same size or shape and its her way of trying to run me down. Honestly family can be so hard on each other eh!!!

jeez where to start.... wear whatever you want and if she asks any questions just stare her down and deny everything..... personally i think its none of her business but if you feel you have to tolerate this bullsh!t then just say you have no idea what shes talkin about and yep you have toned up coz you bought an exercise dvd and have been doin a half hour every day??? anytime she offers you anything to eat just say youve already eaten and dont want to be snackin between meals... failin that get a muzzle.....

Oh my god you poor thing. What a nightmare MIL. I cant believe she put that up on FB!!!!!

My mil law lives next door!!! To be fair though she is fine and doesnt interfere. My mum lives just nearby too so I see her nearly every day. I think because I see her so often she hasnt noticed any weightloss in me yet. I also havent been doing too well on this diet so that could explain her not seeing a loss!!! My sis is the one I have to avoid. She is a b**** about this diet. She says it is a fad and fools are easily parted with their money. So I have been avoiding her and hopefully I can continue to do that. No one except my OH knows I am on the diet. I am a size 14/16 and my sis is an 18/20. She is a few inches smaller than me but can be a right b**** about weight. She keeps offering me her clothes which I think is her way of trying to make me feel that I am as fat(sorry) as her. I am no skinny minny but we are not the same size or shape and its her way of trying to run me down. Honestly family can be so hard on each other eh!!!

My sis is the same! But she is just naturally a size 10. Last year she started going running and toning up and everyone was saying are you mad youre fine as you are she went to a size 8 - we later realised she was trying for a baby (long story, but not a wise move with her OH!) so the family was abit unhappy with her, but shes ready to pop in about a week. And when I started this diet she was just over 5 months and I was determined to stick to it so I could 'be thinner than my sister, for one day in my life' but I cracked and didnt restart til just over a week ago! But my OH's cousin is now pregnant [HAHAHAHAHAHA] and shes a lardy anyway so I know I will be thinner than her and look better than her :') Its all a game between us all, its like my sister [24 this yr], oh's cousin [24 this yr], another cousin of oh [2 of them are, 21 and 24 this year], my 2 cousins, twins, are 22 this year. Then theres lil me who is 20 this year and lil me is the fattest! And thats what gets to me so I am sticking this through and gonna laugh at them mwuahahahaha ive felt like the odd one out for just under 5 years and now im gonna be odd one out for better reasons, ya know? It just makes me sick so many people are against me!

jeez where to start.... wear whatever you want and if she asks any questions just stare her down and deny everything..... personally i think its none of her business but if you feel you have to tolerate this bullsh!t then just say you have no idea what shes talkin about and yep you have toned up coz you bought an exercise dvd and have been doin a half hour every day??? anytime she offers you anything to eat just say youve already eaten and dont want to be snackin between meals... failin that get a muzzle.....

LOL!!!!! :D A muzzle to shut her up, or to stop me eating? Please be the former, please! :rolleyes:

I think ive got a plan, so for the next few weeks im ill, ive got a strange tummy bug and it wont go away, im on meds that leave me exhausted so thats why im not going to the pub. Then when she does see me and ive lost weight, it was the bug. So when/if she comments on more losses im going to say 'well being ill helped me kick start a loss so im eating healthy, and sticking to 3 meals a day, im also doing toning workouts at the gym' ..... just asked OH what he thinks and he says its brill, she'll fall for it haha!

How old is you MIL??? Like others have said - truly shocking and quite childish (and even kids know better..) behaviour. Sounds to me that she is jealous in some way? Good for your husband for setting her straight - I'd get her to apologise.

Don't be ashamed/worried about telling her your on LT - why should you cover it up??? - it's your body - your health - if she has a problem with that - then it is just that, HER problem and I'd be tempted to tell her that.

I had to do some straight talking to my very nice but very irritating MIL last time she visited. She told my OH he was fat!!! He's 6ft and 11 stone 7lbs!!! I had such a go at her! Some people need to be told to mind their own business (sorry this was a sore subject a few months ago!!!) x

My heart goes out to you you owe the woman no explaination whatsoever. Fun and games begin when you actually reach goal and your feeling wonderful about yourself. Dont let other ignorant negative individuals come in the way of your happiness. She clearly has wey to much time on her hands!

How old is you MIL??? Like others have said - truly shocking and quite childish (and even kids know better..) behaviour. Sounds to me that she is jealous in some way? Good for your husband for setting her straight - I'd get her to apologise.

Don't be ashamed/worried about telling her your on LT - why should you cover it up??? - it's your body - your health - if she has a problem with that - then it is just that, HER problem and I'd be tempted to tell her that.

I had to do some straight talking to my very nice but very irritating MIL last time she visited. She told my OH he was fat!!! He's 6ft and 11 stone 7lbs!!! I had such a go at her! Some people need to be told to mind their own business (sorry this was a sore subject a few months ago!!!) x

Shes about, 50? Me and OH have had many blowouts with her. She also told my OH he was fat! Ok, hes getting a gut - but he isnt fat, like grossly overweight. Hes 6ft something and about 15 stone. We're the topic alot of the time within his family - I know that. Theyve never taken to me and I love it, im from a 'rougher' end of town - born n bred on a certain estate - they cant stand it (even though we share the same postcode, 10min away from each other :sigh: ) sickening isnt it? Arghh I keep asking OH to move, lets move to another town/city, lol!

My heart goes out to you you owe the woman no explaination whatsoever. Fun and games begin when you actually reach goal and your feeling wonderful about yourself. Dont let other ignorant negative individuals come in the way of your happiness. She clearly has wey to much time on her hands!

Thanks xxxxx

These have made me laugh so much. I am wanting to avoid people so when they see me they think I look great. I have an aunt who lives a few doors away who is in this and I used to think it wasnt a good idea until I watched the dvd etc. I have another aunt who will go mad if she knows i am on it so I am avoiding her.
I have to say I have been lucky tho most of my family and OH have been really supportive of me doing this, infact my mum started today too. Some of my work colleagues have been a little funny about it, but they wont be laughing when the weight falls off!!!

Back