Extra Easy Anyone not go to class and still lose?

Slim4Xmas2012

Hi. I am new here. Do many people use their old books and do the diet at home themselves anhd getting support here? I am thinking of doing it that way.

Yep, I went to class every week until I was a few lbs off target because I found it good to have the weigh in, but I rarely actually stayed for the class because I didn't find it that useful, since then I've been doing it from home (for over a year) and use this site for support and to keep me up to date on changes and it's worked for me :)

I've never been to a group, I got my booklet online as a PDF and have followed that as well as using Minimins for extra syn values etc. I don't think I'd get much out of a group as I'm quite private, I don't want to discuss losing weight with lots of strangers. And I think it's very expensive, at least to me as a poor student!! So it can be done, you just might have to get used to not having all the tools at your disposal (consultant, up to date books, SW website) x

Hi. I am new here. Do many people use their old books and do the diet at home themselves anhd getting support here? I am thinking of doing it that way.

That's exactly what I'm doing, since I've never really fancied the idea of going to a group I just signed up online and got the books that way instead. the people on this forum are really great and reading other people's stories and questions on here works well for me as a motivator when I'm having a bad week (of which I've had many). Maybe going to the group would help on a bad week, but I can't really see myself getting into the social aspect of it very much, which would probably defeat the point, so I prefer just going it alone

I've never been to a class, I use my mums old books from a zillion years ago and get on fine with them. Last year I lost about 3 stone doing it from home in 7 months, so it was slow and steady. Am hoping to do the same again this year! Slow and steady wins the race!

i honestly pay my 4.95 to go on the scales, thats it. i usually do my 30min walk home straight after, i work 9 hour days so im pretty pooped come weigh in night but im loosing!

I have stayed to the class after once since nov/dec last year and it's mainly cause my little girl doesn't like to sit still for too long. So I pretty much pay a fiver to stand on scales lol. X

Thanks to everyone who replied. I feel quite empowered actually to go it alone, as I have been a member of one club or another for the last ten years and never lost anything, always relying on an external structure to save me, when the truth of the matter is that after class you do it alone for a week anyway and more often than not without these amazing boards for support. Ultimately, it is me that has to make the changes. I have to choose what to eat and how to live my life in a way that I can sustain for life so that by being healthy I will arrive at my body's natural healthy weight forever. Only I can do this and so what better time to start than now?

I have had a 100% day today, and been more active with my Victorian Housework exercise!

Very happy and finally not hungry all the time and wanting more!

Anne

jezzi999 said:
I don't go to class. I have the 2012 pack which I bought, and I also bought the food directory, low syns and free foods book as a bundle.

I've lost 1st in my first 12 weeks, and those 12 weeks included a week away all inclusive and a weekend away for a wedding. It can be done.

Some people swear by group, and some people can do it alone. Depends on your level of support at home, willpower, how much you need the social aspect of the group, and your understanding of the plan.

There's a whole thread on doing it from home here: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/243438-doing-sw-home.html

Where did you buy the pack from? x

Every so often someone asks this and I can assure you there are quite a few of us on here who don't go to class myself included.

Appart from getting the SW info the good thing about class is getting support. Now thanks to minimins support is always on hand and with so many likeminded friendly people there is always someone to pat you on the back/ kick your butt/ answer a question.

As said before, lots and lots on this forum dont go to group and lose just fine :) i loooovvvve my group, im really lucky to have a fab one, stay every week and have a brill laugh (its all abit calendar girls, cottages with roses round here, ha) ....its all personal and experiences, end of the day, follow the plan and you'll lose!

I go to class every week! It seems I must be the only one....

Our group is a happy bunch of people, we discuss foods we have tried, laugh when someone else works out the syns for it! share problems, discuss new recipes, food tasting night's, great consultant, get the latest news, a shoulder to cry on when things go wrong, raffles, cuss when the same person wins the "slimmer of the week" again! get access to all the HiFi bars and of course, the infamous "scan bran".

Yes I would recommend that you all try it...........

Pete

bilsat said:
I go to class every week! It seems I must be the only one....

Our group is a happy bunch of people, we discuss foods we have tried, laugh when someone else works out the syns for it! share problems, discuss new recipes, food tasting night's, great consultant, get the latest news, a shoulder to cry on when things go wrong, raffles, cuss when the same person wins the "slimmer of the week" again! get access to all the HiFi bars and of course, the infamous "scan bran".

Yes I would recommend that you all try it...........

Pete

I go every week too. The consultant I have now is amazing, you never have to ask for support and we all have a laugh. And many of the group are really vocal in supporting other members. I could not do it without my group now and I book out the time in my diary each week as me time.

And the stickers are a great motivator lol :)

Back