Anyone on 29pp and have 3st to lose?

Bindi

Silver Member
Hi guys,
Ive lost 29.5lb so far on propoints and daily allowance went from 33 to 31 to 29. Ive been on 29 for a good while now but feel 29 is too low considering I still have a little less than 3st to lose to get to goal and dont feel Im losing as much as I could be. Im walking 4-6 mornings a week for an 1hr+ each time so building up approx 24-36 activity points per week which Im not using. I do use my 49 each week whether it be on treats or alchol. Feel 29 is too low considering if you only have a few pound to lose you are still on the 29??

Just wondering how other people with similar stats are finding it?

i have lost just short of a stone and have another 3 stone to lose.

i've only ever been on 29 points, i think what helps me is i plan my days food.
i won't eat lunch until i know what i'm having for dinner.

i eat a lot of veg too, which fills me up a lot, some days it's a struggle to eat them all but others i could eat a lot more, thank goodness for the weeklies on those days.

I have over 5 stone left to lose and have only ever been on 29, I find If i plan I can manage well and have my snacks as well. I don't expect to lose well next week as I will be immobile after a minor op but have been losing I have lost 33lbs so far loads to go though but am keeping at it

hey am on the 29 points and need to lose 3 stone to be 8 stones, and i think it is ok using 29 points, i sometimes only use up to 25 but i also do exercise as well walk and jog 5 miles everyday, but this is my first week so i hope i lose my 3 pounds at my Saturday weigh in :) fingers crossed...

My mums on 29 a day and has about 3 stone to go. She finds it odd not moving down a point with the losses. On the plus side though she wont have to alter her menus too much as shes always got the same amount to use.

Well, you could use some of your activity points if you feel that 29 is not enough.

I have a WW pedometer and I have to walk for about 40 mins before I get into earning mode (6500 odd steps) so an hour walking a day only earns me 1 activity point.

I got told that they can't put it below 29 points as this is the healthy minimum to be on - if they advised any less it would be bad for you. I'm no expert but that's just what I've been told.

Well, you could use some of your activity points if you feel that 29 is not enough.

I have a WW pedometer and I have to walk for about 40 mins before I get into earning mode (6500 odd steps) so an hour walking a day only earns me 1 activity point.

So if you need to use more than your 29 dailies you take from your activity points do you? Just wondering what the difference is, if any, of using the activity points instead of weeklies. Does that even make sense??
Currently anything over my 29 I use are taken from weeklies, I use all my weeklies and dont touch activitys

use your dailies and any activity points earned next if you want to use them. i'm on 29 most people at the ww meetin i go to are on 29 too lol. as long as you calculate the activity points properly use them.
x

Currently anything over my 29 I use are taken from weeklies, I use all my weeklies and dont touch activitys

you can use all your dailys all your weeklys and all your activity points earned and it will still come up a deficit of calories so you should still lose weight.
x

Almost sounds too good to be true. Was down 2lbs at tonights wi, so happy with that

Hi. I'm on 29 points as well. I've only been doing pro points for three weeks but I'm getting the hang of it. I use all my Dailies and normally a couple of weeklies a day to top up. I love the safety net it gives me, especially when the other half wants something with a quite high points value for dinner. I try to have some left over at the end of the week. I don't calculate or use activity points at the moment. I cycle to and from work most days - so I just see them as a extra buffer.

I've always been on 29pp; had over 2 stone to lose from joining but I just worked out with my calculator (had ProPoints been around when I was at my heaviest) that I would have been on 29 still with over 3 stone to lose. Some days 29 is too many :(

I've got just less than 3 st to lose too and have always been on 29 points. Some days I find it really difficult and have to dip into my weeklies just to finish my day. I'm guessing that when I get closer to goal I'll just have to ditch my weeklies, reduce them or not have them every week. Guess I'll just wait and see what works

I've got just less than 3 st to lose too and have always been on 29 points. Some days I find it really difficult and have to dip into my weeklies just to finish my day. I'm guessing that when I get closer to goal I'll just have to ditch my weeklies, reduce them or not have them every week. Guess I'll just wait and see what works

when you get to goal you get more points, because the idea is that you are wanting to sustain your weight and not lose anymore, so you need more energy.

Have a little faith in the system.. while you keep losing you shouldn't need to reduce points... 29pp equates to only just over 1000 calories... any less is in VLCD territory, and not good for your body x

This is an interesting wee post- I have 2 stone 3 lbs left to lose and I'm still on 32 points?????? My losses are low- might try just eating 29 a day for a week and see if that boosts it??

This is an interesting wee post- I have 2 stone 3 lbs left to lose and I'm still on 32 points?????? My losses are low- might try just eating 29 a day for a week and see if that boosts it??

but your weight isn't really what gives you points, your age, gender and height have factored into it. If you've checked with your current weight and it says 32, then eat 32.

Older people and shorter people may find that they get to 29 sooner than taller/younger ones. Everyone has different energy requirements to survive... don't change yours because other people are different!

Eating less may give you a weight loss at first, but your body goes into panic and will basically refuse to give over its fat stores, opting for a metabolism change instead. That's why your points go down gradually

Ok good advice hannatta- I like that- older and shorter people get less points lol
Xx

I guess it's my height giving me 29 then, not my age! :( Boo being short!

Back