Anyone on pp who can't / doesn't eat fruit ?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by size102b, 15 November 2010 Social URL.

1. size102b

size102b Banned

Hi does anyone else have problems eating fruit? I've bad ibs and fruit makes it much worse and on pp 0 point fruit is meant to help with hunger etc, I've had some but my stomachs not good and I wondered what do other people have to help fill them up free or v low pp?
    Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fraggle1805

fraggle1805 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I have severe IBS also but have found I can eat fruit if not citrus. It basically leaves me with apples and bananas which is fine and I snack on low point things. Have the odd low point biscuit. I do struggle as mine is also related to dairy so yoghurts are off the menu also. Can be hard but as have had so many years of being used to it I just make sure my meals are slightly less points so I do have some points for snacks! I love ice lollies which are low which also helps but do find if I eat good meals don't need to snack too much.

4. LauraLoo

LauraLoo Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are loads more fruits than that which arent citrus - grapes, pears, kiwi, mango, papaya, melon just as a start! Tonnes more too I am sure. Try some other fruits, you might be surprised! :)

5. lildanni

lildanni Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(18.23%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I have a huge problem with fruit....it's a texture thing. As soon as any fruit touches my mouth I retch. I tried a piece of apple Last week and as per usual, retched but persevered and ate about half of it...it wasn't too bad.

Then today in work, I was struggling to get the kids to have any fruit at snack... So made a big point of trying another 2 pieces, this time with skin on and didn't retch...still a long way off choosing an apple as a snack though!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.