Anyone on SW training for a marathon?

chiefbridesmaid

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

As i am 1 stone away from target & feeling fitter and healthier, I am starting training for a half marathon with the possibility of a full marathon in the future, my training starts tomorrow so i was just wondering if anyone on the Slimming World plan is currently training, and could shed some light on what you are eating on a daily basis.

I was thinking of doing Red Days so im high protein, but i dont particularly want to restrict my carbs because of energy for running etc. :hmm:

So anyone with experience in this area please feel free to share your wisdom :D

I am targeting a 2012 spring marathon. At the moment I am running half marathons (5 to date) and I do almost exclusively high carb.

I race at least once a week (shorter distance, 5km/10km) and on those days I will use my 2 HEbs in one sitting for pre-race food (i.e. 56g of oats).

What distances are you running at the moment, and what is your weekly mileage? Will make a big difference to the advice being given as to how much adjustment needs to be made.

At the moment i am running 4miles x 4 days a week, and then doing around a 6 mile on a sunday, so 22miles a week at the moment, very early days for me but i want to get my nutrition right from the start as taking up running is a long-term plan for me and i want my nutrition to be a natural routine to assist my running so it is just everyday life for me from now on.

I am full of admiration for you and all those like you. It takes real dedication to do what you are doing.

Personally I am tryng hard to work out the syns in my own particular Marathon. The only one I will get anywhere near............

Snickers-Marathon.jpg

I am full of admiration for you and all those like you. It takes real dedication to do what you are doing.

Personally I am tryng hard to work out the syns in my own particular Marathon. The only one I will get anywhere near............

Snickers-Marathon.jpg

:8855:umm snickers i can only wish!!! Thank you lots of dedication but the mental achievement is priceless!!!!

Back