Anyone restarting ???

justnowillpower

Hi guys I'm back again !!!! Fell off plan 3 wks ago and am now gonna try and get back on the wagon :). Like many others I thought I could come off plan for a few days only but one excuse after another kept me off til now. In off on hols in 13 weeks and desperately need to get at least 3 stone off just so I will fit my newly purchased holiday clothes in size 16 !!!! I know this week is gonna be hard but after looking at the scales this morning I have discovered I have gained 12lb and 2 inches on my bust waist and hips !!! Ragin :/

Biff xxx

Am in same situation lol. Good luck with the restart, Ive got seven weeks to holiday and need to shift as much as possible before then. We can do it!!!

Hi justnowillpower; I ordered my pack yesterday so hoping to get it all delivered tomorrow to start on wednesday. Have never done s&s before but have done cambridge in the past so hoping this is more or less the same-just a bit cheaper! Good luck on your restarting journey :) xx

Thanks chicks !! Unbelievably I ended up not staying today after all as I left my packs at home lol. Definitely tomorrow though :). I hope we all do well on our journey xx

Biff xxx

hi, it sounds like we are all in the same boat! Lol...I am restarting after doing Cambridge last year but giving up because of money! In the meantime I have managed to regain the stone I lost plus a bit more :( I am going to do s n s this time as it is cheaper...my first weeks supply is due to arrive tomorrow some am using up some surplus Cambridge shakes til then. We can all support each other!

Hi I am doing a restart, started on sunday, I lost 4 stone last year with S&S, gained it all back plus more! I also have a hol soon, I go away in just under 10 weeks now! Good luck x

I'm starting S&S today, 1 pack down plus 1 litre of water, so far so good. Like everyone else I've been here before, lost all the weight and then stupidly put it back on again. My whole life is consumed with thoughts of being slim, not quite sure why its so difficult. Anyone in the same boat wanting to join the ride?:)

I think I need a restart tomorrow.. so scared though.. scared of failing again.
Ive been trying to do low carbing and just generally not eating too much which I can do most days but then I have bad days that undo everything!
today ive been off work and ive just eaten rubbish and I feel rubbish now! :[

Have you done S&S before?

me? Ive got a draw full of sachets!
Ive restarted it 2 times I think.
did exante for a short while (didnt like shakes)
did cambridge for a few weeks too straight after losing 3stone with lighterlife (changed as it was cheaper but then quit as life changed but I kept my loss off for a while)

Yes you! I've been there too, done them all many times, lost loads with LL & went and put it all back on, can't understand why. Never got past a couple of weeks doing it on my own but I need to do something drastic. Nothing to be scared of, I really do feel that one day I'll get the weight gone again and then manage what I eat, I'm sure most people feel the same. Unless you give it another go you won't know. I think once you've done the vlcd's it really hard to go back to anything else due to the speed or lack of rather losing the pounds:)

yeah I totally agree, I tried other diets and they dont do much! avoiding carbs works ok for me as a way of eating but not as a weight loss plan.
yeah it is harder on your own, ive got the 'Beck diet solution' book which is similar to the Lighterlife group sessions stuff.
Ive had the book for a short while, slowly reading through it but I know if I really listen to it then it will help me.
the only difference I think is that I dont have to open the book up once a week and a scary woman will pop out and shove me on some scales and ask what ive been up to that week.. but maybe if I pretended it did I might not stray as much!

Never heard of the book so might look it up. I know the sessions at LL would have helped but I always know best so just went through the motions, never took any of it on board or did maintainance.

I think we are all the same !!! I lost a lot of weight on lighterlife but didn't maintain or use any of the tools we got to help us in the future. I have downloaded dr Becks book and am gonna try and read a bit everyday. It can't hurt lol

Biff xxx

Can't believe there's a book out there about dieting that I haven't heard of! I have a large collection as I'm sure you all do :)

heh well its quite a good book, if you really listen to it, I can see it working as the advice seems to have an answer to everything and cover all bases. theres a thread here: http://www.minimins.com/slim-save-off-topic/312306-beck-diet-solution-book-group-4.html
of people doing s&s and the book.
its taken me a long while to read the first few chapters though!

I never completed Lighterlife, didnt get to my goal, dove headfirst into easter eggs for some reason.. 2 years ago now! cant believe it!

I was the same Meoww I stopped lighter life 2 years ago at Easter lol. It's those dam eggs lol. I find I can manage social events without alcohol but my problem is that I think I'm depriving myself so I choose to have a drink and then completely fall off the diet for days or weeks !!! Hopefully this time will be different x

Biff xxx

Can I join? I got back to goal in October last year (originally got there in 2011) but took Christmas off, gained loads, went away for work in Feb and have kept gaining :(. I know I can manage my weight with low carbing but I need to get these pounds off. Feel really rubbish about myself :(

Are you wanting to do S&S spanglymum? How did you do it before?

I did LL from Sept 2010 to Feb 2011 and lost six stone. I kept it all off for a year, then have been yoyo ing a bit for the past year. I'm at my biggest right now since LL, about a size 14 (not weighed yet as I find weighing heavy can trigger negativity in me and reactive binge eating) so nowhere near as big as I was, but not as comfortable as being a 10/12.

I'm using slim and save packs as I find the focus of vlcd very helpful. I lost some weight last year with sns (got back almost to goal last October) and know it works for me.

I also know a good maintenance strategy for me, which involves eating a mainly Paleo/low carb diet. Only problem is I sometimes succumb to the lure of carbs and alcohol... And the cycle starts again.

I do believe I will reach equilibrium eventually. It's just much more of a learning curve than anyone ever expects!

Back