anyone sold a house recently?

1.5% - be aware that they do seem to have discretion to lower the rate a bit if they think you will go elsewhere! Don't know whether it will be more in London though than Hampshire but I guess you have some power as they will be vying for your business.

Good piccies and details are great but most people will search the net rather than look in papers so it has to be a top priority in my books.

So make sure they will put your property on the web site Find properties to buy, homes to rent, overseas houses and new homes on rightmove.co.uk as its where everyone looks !

Good luck !

a lot of estate agents use rightmove or primelocation dot com so they r pretty good to go with. when my parent sold their house in london recently they paid about 2% but i think some are less than that.

i was watching a program about how some estate agents under value houses so that they get quick sales and thus get there fee faster, even if its less. seems they rather get less money fast than a slither more in the longer term so i would have a good look and compare the values in the same areas with different estate agents as well.

xxxx

what do you think of this? 1/2%: London Online Estate agents and Letting agents. Agents Let Sell property in UK.

you're basically paying them 0.5% to take your pix, give you a board and put your details on rightmove and findaproperty. seeing as everyone looks on the net these days, provided your house is on the main websites, does it really need to be in an estate agent's window? i'm not so sure and i'm quite tempted to go with these guys.

apparently 90% of londoners look for homes to buy on the net. to be honest, it's the only way i do it.

2% works out lot of money..

thanks for the tips girls x

Yes 2% is a hell of a lot of money to lose. That looks good to me - worth a go. Presumably if they don't sell then its no fee ? Worth checking !

had three estate agents round today quoting me from more than 2% to 1.25% (halifax) and halifax were so much more professional. think i'll go with them. and nice surprise on the valuations as well- between 197-215k and bought it for 170k a year ago. all improvements have been pretty much cosmetic so it's a real result!:)

Way to go !!!!
Good luck some places sell out blooming quick in london. Where abouts do you want to move too.?

thats really good! well done :D

2% is a lot. they paid slightly under that but the firm they used were better than all the others they had tried.

i tend to only look on the net for houses as well.

Way to go !!!!
Good luck some places sell out blooming quick in london. Where abouts do you want to move too.?

not sure really. very open minded. somewhere more central london, near a tube station. other than that, wherever really! been single a year now after splitting with my ex just after we moved here. luckily he moved out and i stayed here. im gonna put my stuff in storage for a couple months and move in with some relatives while i look for somewhere else. that was there's no chain and it should be a quick and easy sale. buying a flat on my own is going to be a struggle financially (would be for anyone!) so need to look at what i can stretch to really.

had three estate agents round today quoting me from more than 2% to 1.25% (halifax) and halifax were so much more professional. think i'll go with them. and nice surprise on the valuations as well- between 197-215k and bought it for 170k a year ago. all improvements have been pretty much cosmetic so it's a real result!:)

Here is a site about selling your home online...

Selling your home online : My Property For Sale

it is becoming much more popular.

thanks mini. have looked at some similar things and although theyre really cheap they dont put your home on findaproperty and rightmove which are the two everyone seems to use. in the grand scheme of things, and considering the house is worth a lot more than i hoped, i think i can stomach paying 1.25% to a dreaded estate agent, shock horror!

Back