Anyone switched from CD to Atkins

slimmerwithin

Hi all. I had a really great loss on CD the first week,ie 9.5 lb, but since then I have only lost 7lb in 3 weeks and I am finding this diet very expensive because I have to pay an additional postage cost to France of £30 each month. I am not sure, but I think I should expect to lose about the same amount on Atkins or SW, or does anyone have any suggestions. If I was having majorly different and quicker losses I would dig deep, but at such slow losses is there a better alternative. Has anyone got any advice. Thank you

First of all your losses are not slow, you have done brilliantly. Cd averages a stone a month and you have gone over that already in one month.
I know that isn't an answer to your question, sorry, but just wanted to point out that you have done very well.

I have done the reverse...did Atkins for 18months and switched to cd (albeit with a 2/3yr gap), the problem i found with Atkins was that it was actually unhealthy in the fact of eating cheese/cream etc which would lead me to binges and then having the weekend off then re starting and going round in circles like that really. I did lose 2 stone on it but it was very hit and miss for me, one week i'd lose 4lbs the next gain etc. That could just be me on it as i'm sure different things work for different people.

Good luck with what you decide to do and well done for your 16lbs off.x

I know I should be pleased and I am with my loss this month, but more than half of it was in the first week, so if I continue at the rate of the last three weeks it will be much less than the average of a stone a month

Hi all. I had a really great loss on CD the first week,ie 9.5 lb, but since then I have only lost 7lb in 3 weeks and I am finding this diet very expensive because I have to pay an additional postage cost to France of £30 each month. I am not sure, but I think I should expect to lose about the same amount on Atkins or SW, or does anyone have any suggestions. If I was having majorly different and quicker losses I would dig deep, but at such slow losses is there a better alternative. Has anyone got any advice. Thank you

CDC's in the UK should not be posting out to France. There is a French distributor have you contacted them?

This could make it more affordable for you.

Hi, I did CD last year, then tried a few other bits and bobs including Atkins before re-starting at the end of June.

My thoughts on it are that if you do Atkins, you have to abide by its principles for life, not like with CD where you can work up through the plans and re-educate yourself to eat a healthy, balanced diets. After a week, once I was in ketosis, although I was pleased with the losses, I found myself getting nauseous at the thought of any more cheese and meat, and wishing I was on CD as at least then when you aren't hungry you dont have to eat. Strange as it may sound, when you don't feel physical hunger due to ketosis, and you don't feel the need to eat, the last thing I wanted to be doing was forcing myself to eat fatty cheese, meat and eggs. If I was going to want anything it was fresh fruit which is completely banned during induction.

So for me it worked short term but as soon as I came off it I put nearly half the weight I had lost back on very quickly (due to water, glycogen and stuff), and am now very glad I moved onto CD. I would stick with it if you can hun

xxx

PS you won't lose the same in the long run on Atkins as on CD, it works out less. Also, SW (Slimming World) losses tend to be about half those on CD x

I know that there are loads of people that dont lose a stone a month on CD, you are just one of the unlucky ones, but it doesnt mean another diet will be any quicker. Sorry.
xx

Back