Step 1 Sole Source Anyone tips for strenghth training at home!

sunshineeyes

Hey all you lovely ladies(and any gents about). I'm on day 12 now(I think) and today went out for a lovely walk! I'm trying to make a pact with myself that I will do this every day as its only and hour and a half out of my day and I'm doing sweet FA ATM anyway. Have been more or less stuck in doors since i moved home trying to deal with my marriage break up. Anyway back to topic at hand, would it be better/worse/too much if I were to walk everyday and do some strength training or should I do on alternative days. Moneys tight so can't afford a gym so I was hoping you guys could give me a couple of ideas so that as the weight comes down I don't lose to much muscle mass! Thanks in advance! X

Hey Hun I think exercise is always a positive.

I am on day 11 and have been going to gym every other day - either 30 mins cardio (just treadmill/cross trainer) or a class.

9 3/4 off first week and feel better for it already xxxx

sunshineeyes said:
Hey all you lovely ladies(and any gents about). I'm on day 12 now(I think) and today went out for a lovely walk! I'm trying to make a pact with myself that I will do this every day as its only and hour and a half out of my day and I'm doing sweet FA ATM anyway. Have been more or less stuck in doors since i moved home trying to deal with my marriage break up. Anyway back to topic at hand, would it be better/worse/too much if I were to walk everyday and do some strength training or should I do on alternative days. Moneys tight so can't afford a gym so I was hoping you guys could give me a couple of ideas so that as the weight comes down I don't lose to much muscle mass! Thanks in advance! X

i would say start at 4 days a week and build up to 5. you could do a circuit stlye workout at home using dumbbells or bodyweight or a combo of both.xx

for example

skipping or walking/jogging on spot to warm up
squats
push ups
lunges
crunches
bicep curls (if you dont want to use dbells use water bottles or tins)
star jumps
step ups
plank for 30 secs to finish
then stretches

do 10-12 of each and repeat circuit 1-3 times

Back