anyone tried the recipes out the new mag?

emmaleonie1984

hiya, just wondering if anyone had tried any?
Im thinking of doing the puttanesca style tuna bake but with a few added extras.
Emx:D

aint got the mag yet :( get it tuesday:)

I made the moroccan vegetable stew tonight, added a few other veggies to it and it was I have to say, deeeeeeeeliscious!!

37417_142856592395950_100000148293205_435001_4963123_n.jpg

20840_142856709062605_100000148293205_435002_1230526_n.jpg

I have done the Tarragon Chicken, the Briami (tonight) also mde the White chocolate, Strawberry and Ginger cheescake (was Yummy). Tomorrow it is the Sweet and sour Pork with noodles. had no compalints so far, everything has been fantastic...:):D

I made the slimming world chips, peppers and eggs.
Bit of a disaster really - I overcooked the chips so they were dry and brittle and then the eggs didn't look cooked so I left them in for a bit longer - big mistake - like rubber and obviously no runny yoke!! :cry: ha ha ha!! My other half thought it was hilarious (as he was sitting there eating his pizza and chips!! :jelous:)

I'm just learning though - am a rubbish cook - hopefully tonights spag bol will be a bit better!!

I am determined to try more new recipes and I am sure I will keep you all updated :)

I made the beef stifado today! Really yummy! And also the white choc, strawb and ginger cheesecake!! Also yummy!! Had some technical problems with it though!! I'll post a seperate thread about this actually!!!X

Mmmm the cheesecake sounds yummy. Will have to get a mag when I WI tomorrow.
That stew looks good too Alia :)

I loosely followed the recipe for the carbonara - I changed the ham for bacon, and added some peas in too - it was delicious, everyone in my family loved it.

There are a few lamby things in there I want to try but I can't find extra lean lamb mince anywhere :(

Havent tried any yet but Ive got my eye on the Mousakka, it looks yummy!! x

I did the moussaka and it was very nice, I must say. Even the topping worked well for me...usually anything like that just splits and looks rank when I try it! lol

I loosely followed the recipe for the carbonara - I changed the ham for bacon, and added some peas in too - it was delicious, everyone in my family loved it.

There are a few lamby things in there I want to try but I can't find extra lean lamb mince anywhere :(

I had the same problem finding it, but if you use the full fat stuff, you can just drain off the fat when cooking it and it'll be fine! I've always been sceptical about this but I've been reassured that it's OK! It's just when making things like burgers and meatballs that you can't get rid of the fat!X

Thanks for that tip!

I made the sweet and sour pork and noodles tonight - delicious!

I have got the rogan josh simmering now. I did make it with beef not lamb and used passatta instead of tinned tomatoes as hubby does not like tomato 'bits!!!' I can't actually eat it as have hurt jaw but it smells lovely and will try the sauce but wanted to make something nice for hubby as i have been a misery all week.

That's a good idea making it with beef - all the lamb shoulder I found looked a little fatty. I bought some anyway as it looks so nice! Will be making it tomorrow night - let us know what you think!

made the lamb skewers last night and they were really good. My boyfriend looked through the magazine and couldn't believe it was a diet magazine with all the yummy recipes in there. We're having the rogan josh next week and he's struggling to get his head around the fact that it's a free recipe x

Back