Anyone up for a walking/running challenge?

misschaos

I've just got an app on my phone that measures time, speed and distance of my walks. In may, over 2 walks I did just under 10k.

Today is the 1st of June. I want to walk a certain distance by the end of the month (yet to decide what...) and thought it might be fun for some of you guys to join me :D

30 days to walk or run - the Thames? A marathon? Suggestions on a postcard. Pick something exciting!

Cool I want to do that, I want to run 35km this month to be able to run from Hamilton to Raglan 48km next month(July) (NZ) then Hamilton to Wahi 58km (August)

My friend lives in Edinburgh and that's 680k away so I like the idea of walking that over maybe 3 months?

Going for 100k in June.

100k - 7.5k done, 92.5k to go!!

Oh no! I've missed days! New job has weird hours and is far away so don't get back until 7pm or 10pm atm... gutted, but got weekend to make up for it!

100k - 11.2k done, 88.8km to go!

Hey, great idea! How are you getting on? LOVE the idea of walking the length of a marathon :D

It's not going too bad, still struggling to fit it in at the moment... I don't leave late enough for work to walk beforehand and return too late to walk after... so I'm restricted to off days at the moment.. which should increase soon enough :D

100k - 14.7k done, 85.3km to go!

Last edited:
I've never done a marathon but I do walk a lot. What exactly is 100k, I normally count it in miles and do approx. 3 miles per day 5 times a week. 60 miles a month. Not sure how much that is?

Back