Anyone used the mousse powder?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Just wondering if anyone has used the S&S powder to turn a shake into a mousse? How much water do you use? Used the recommended 2 tsp and it was way too thick!

I had the same problem! Far too thick & I could taste granules in it! Had to throw it away as I just couldn't stomach it! I too would appreciate any recommendations!

Same here! Needs far less I suppose.. I havn't attempted another go yet but I will and keep u posted

try dissolving it in a little boiling water- works for normal gelatin powder.

caroline g said:
Just wondering if anyone has used the S&S powder to turn a shake into a mousse? How much water do you use? Used the recommended 2 tsp and it was way too thick!

Caroline -- did you use the enclosed scoop thing twice? It is 2 teaspoons so only use if one time.

I put one of those scoops in my open shake packet. I close it back up and shake a bit. Then I have 250 ml of very cold water in a shaker cup (tall) and I use a stick blender to mix it. I pour it in the bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes. It s perfect.

What enclosed scoop thing? I don't think I got one of those!

princesssappho said:
What enclosed scoop thing? I don't think I got one of those!

Take a small spoon and root around in the powder. My containers have always had a measure inside.

Nothing in there! Not to worry! I will maybe just try 1 teaspoon next time!

I was going to say, no scoop for me either! I saw a little disappointed as I always had one when I ordered the CD one and my little measuring spoons have disappeared in the move somehow. I made it again, as ice cream this time, and doubled the water that it said to use and it was much better. I also put it in the freezer for half an hour rather than the fridge, which was also better as it stayed frozen. I have to say, it felt like a real treat!

Maybe I'm using an old CD scoop in mine? I'll check my other container when I need to open it. I opened this one a long time ago (July) then with all the daddy related travel I just stop wasting my packs as I wasn't following any plan.

I split my packs and have half as a regular shake and half as a mousse. I use 100ml of ice cold water in both, for the mousse I use 1 teaspoon of the mousse mix and pour it into a little plastic pot and leave in the fridge for approx 10 minutes. I sprinkle tiny pieces of chopped up truffa bar on the top (saved from that days bar) and OMG it's lush!

Ooh that sounds pretty tasty! I had it as chocolate ice cream the other night, it wasn't too bad. Having strawberry ice cream tonight, have played around with the recipe a bit more so will have to see what works best.

I tend to have the toffee or milk caramel ones as a mousse. The banana is quite nice too, a bit more artificial tasting but the chocolate sprinkles really set it off. The first time I made one I left it to set for the recommended 20 mins and it was way too thick, 10 minutes is a much nicer texture.

Back