Anyone wanting to lose over 8 stones?

Annie2012

Hi all,

I am looking for more people who are wanting to lose over 8 stones, to buddy up with & spur each other on! You can't have too many buddies to help us along our journey... :D

Just completed week 1 of WW's and lost 4.5 pounds - I am all ready to go, to get to Goal!

Hope you'll join me ! ;)

xx

Hey, I don't have over 8 to lose now but I did!

I started last year at 19st6lbs. Lost 35lbs then was off and on ww for the next 8 months and put 5 back on. As I still kept about 30lbs off, I restarted last week at 17st4lbs.

To get to the healthy bmi I should be somewhere between 9 and 10 stone! I've never weighed as little as that so its impossible for me to even think about that at the moment!

The big goal I've set myself is 12 stone, purely coz that's the lowest I remember being (8 years ago) but as its so far away I've set myself smaller goals, like 7lbs then 5%.

At the moment I think I'd be happy as a smaller size 16 but will see how I feel when I get there. I was 22/24 creeping to a 26 when I started ww last yr and am now a 20/18.

Good luck, I look forward to reading your progress x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there, Nice to hear from you! :D Good luck on your journey too... I am still doing good .... this is my third week and I am still enjoying the diet... eating more healthily now and I am also feeling less out of breath having lost 6.5 pounds... seems to have made some difference already - can feel some inches off my midriff area already! Yes, WW is a great diet and I am thinking positively that I will get to my Goal by next June - October . Annie xx

Well done! It's great when you start to feel thinner, when your clothes get that wee bit looser, that to me is more important and motivating than what's on the scales x

How true! U must feel so much better having lost nearly 3 stones....can't wait to lose 3 stones and also get to a size 16.... xx

Yeh I do, but because I started last year and had a huge break, I don't feel like I've list as much as I have if u know what I mean? Even though in total I've lost near 3 stone, I feel like I've only list the 7.5 which I lost thus week, but I'm v chuffed with that! I love trying on clothes from last summer and having to throw them out!

Hey every bit counts, whenever you lost that weight....my highest weight was 20 stones 10 pounds in 2006 October...so, being 18 stones 0.5 pounds in last weeks weigh in is great for me... I just hope that I never ever go back to being fat and continue losing weight till I get to Goal. Can't wait to throw my clothes out too! lol! x

Hi Annie and Linzmain,

Can I join in too? I joined ww last week. Lost 1.5lbs in my first week. I was 18st 13.5 lbs, so now I'm 18 stone 12 and on week too. Not doing so great at the minute but I'm hoping as time goes on I'l get into the swing of things. I've joined ww and slimming world about 5 times in the past 2 years and haven't succeeded in any of them. I dont know anyone else with as much weight to lose as me who is doing ww. This time I've decided I'm in WW and I'm sticking to it. I go to class on wednesdays and even got a pre pay to make sure I go for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully by then I'll have formed some good habits.

Thanks for listening.
Delly x

Hi Annie and Linzmain,

Can I join in too? I joined ww last week. Lost 1.5lbs in my first week. I was 18st 13.5 lbs, so now I'm 18 stone 12 and on week too. Not doing so great at the minute but I'm hoping as time goes on I'l get into the swing of things. I've joined ww and slimming world about 5 times in the past 2 years and haven't succeeded in any of them. I dont know anyone else with as much weight to lose as me who is doing ww. This time I've decided I'm in WW and I'm sticking to it. I go to class on wednesdays and even got a pre pay to make sure I go for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully by then I'll have formed some good habits.

Thanks for listening.
Delly x

Hi ya Delly,

Welcome on board! Of course you can join too! The more the merrier! Is this your first time doing Propoints? I am sure you'll get the hang of things in no time...the important thing is to find a diet you like and stick to one.... All of them work, it is finding one that works for you and fits in your life style.

Have you got a WW's points calculator and a WW's kitchen scales? They are a must have for me and they come in use all the time...It is worth investing in them if you are in the diet for the long haul.... I love WW's because it gives me the freedom to eat what I love and I always have the points to guide me as to how much to eat....I believe the portion control is so important to someone like me who hasn't got a clue what is enough! Lol!....My class is on Thursdays and my next one will be my third weigh in....If you do become a monthly pass member, e-source is pretty good for recipes and information....

Also, do you track and point/weigh everything you eat? It really is a must to do this if you are doing points...

If you get stuck with anything, just give us a shout and I will see if I can help you...:) Look forward to hearing from you again and let us know how you get on, on Wednesday....

Annie xx

Hi ya Delly,

Welcome on board! Of course you can join too! The more the merrier! Is this your first time doing Propoints? .I am sure you'll get the hang of things in no time...the important thing is to find a diet you like and stick to one.... All of them work, it is finding one that works for you and fits in your life style.

Have you got a WW's points calculator and a WW's kitchen scales? They are a must have for me and they come in use all the time...It is worth investing in them if you are in the diet for the long haul.... I love WW's because it gives me the freedom to eat what I love and I always have the points to guide me as to how much to eat....I believe the portion control is so important to someone like me who hasn't got a clue what is enough! Lol!....My class is on Thursdays and my next one will be my third weigh in....If you do become a monthly pass member, e-source is pretty good for recipes and information....

Also, do you track and point/weigh everything you eat? It really is a must to do this if you are doing points...

If you get stuck with anything, just give us a shout and I will see if I can help you...:) Look forward to hearing from you again and let us know how you get on, on Wednesday....

Annie xx

Hi Annie,
I did do propoints
before. At least twice in the past 2 years. I understand the plan, my problem is sticking to it. I cant even get through day 1 without doing something stupid - and I'm still doing stupid things this week. I have a normal kitchen scale but I have the propoints calculator - a propoints app on my iphone, the shopping list all the tools Id need and I still can't stick to it. its not the program that's at fault its me and I'm hoping that being on here will help me focus better.

Unfortunatley in northern ireland, even with the monthly pass we dont have access to the uk e-source as we're considered weightwatchers ireland. However. time to stop looking at the negatives. I'm keeping a little diary, I know what tempts me more than anything and it's tea times at work when people have brought in goodies. I just hate to feel deprived and give into temptation so easily.

you would think with 39 points daily you'd have no problem sticking to the plan wouldnt you ? well, weigh in tomorrow and I'm not expecting any loss. i'll be happy to stay the same.

Have you any advice for kick starting yourself? finding some mojo to get on the go? As much as I want to lose weight - I need some mojo/motivation/strength/will power because I'm fatter than I've ever been and I hate it.

How have you been getting on this week? Sorry for dumping so much rubbish on you here. I guess I'm having a few bad days here!

Delly xx

Hi Delly,

I really feel for you... I know how it feels to be so big and miserable and stuck in the cycle of eating and then feeling bad and wanting to lose the weight.

Well, I would ask you how badly you want to lose the weight first of all? It's only you who can make that choice and decision to stick to the diet. No one else can do it for you. If you have a bad day, say for example you said you can't go without a day without doing something 'stupid' ...well, first of all, if you have eaten something, it is not the end of the world...don't give up at the first hurdle or 2 or 10 or even 100th! Keep going! Point up what you ate or estimate what you ate to the closest if you have no idea how much you consumed and draw a line underneath the episode and carry one. The beauty of WW's is that you can eat what you want and not feel deprived, you just have to learn to eat smaller portions of what you love and also find alternative lower points foods to the ones you love. As you already know the plan well, you know you have 49 weeklies to enjoy as well without feeling guilty either.

The key is to plan ahead...if you know that those treats are going to tempt you at work, perhaps you could ask your colleagues to not leave them under your face...bit tricky as I remember how it used to be at my old workplace...;-) You could also bring in your own 'treats' to have that are all pointed up... lots of ready WW's cakes, etc that you can easily incorporate into the plan. I have 36 points and I love my food. But, as I am doing this plan, I am finding that by cooking delicious meals, I am so content with the food that I eat that I no longer want to have many sweet things. I bulk all my food up with lots of veg too, so I am really full up... I even struggle to finish my points on some days.

The key is to plan ahead if you struggle with temptations...try this and see how you get on. A few mistakes shouldn't stop you from carrying on. Keep going. This is a change for life, not just a diet for now. so, every little bit you do right now, counts a long way towards the end.

Please let me know how you get on... I would write more but I have to pick my son from his daily hospital visits...so keep i touch and find that inner strength within you. I promise you it will be so worth it! We are both in the same boat - we can do this together if you want ! Ok? xxx :)))

It can be done, honest but you have to be in the right mindset and it is only you who can do it. Ask yourself how much you want it and why you want it! I have been small before having lost 10 stones and 10 pounds and I can tell you, it is a great feeling... I know how I felt and this time I hope that I have got things in place not to mess up the maintenance part in the end...

Hello, I have 7 stone to lose and right now (I am on day 2) it feels like a huge challenge!! This is the first time I have done WW and its all bit confusing at the moment, but I am hoping soon it will be second nature :)

Hello, I have 7 stone to lose and right now (I am on day 2) it feels like a huge challenge!! This is the first time I have done WW and its all bit confusing at the moment, but I am hoping soon it will be second nature :)

Hi Astara,

Welcome! WW's is a great diet and I am loving it.... It does get easier, I promise you. Read all the stuff you got from your leader and take it day by day and you'll soon get into the swing of things. :) If thinking of the 7 stones seems like a huge challenge, why not break it down to small chunks like 7 pounds, 5 %, etc ? If you have any questions, ask and I'll see if I can help you or there are many others out here who are helpful... :) If you are in it for the long haul, I'd suggest getting the points calculator and WW's kitchen scales - very useful tools for me.... Good luck! Annie x

Hi again Delly....

I am doing well in terms of the diet...I have my third weigh in tomorrow.... my tummy has been feeling a little weird the past few days, so I have not been feeling too good...according to my Dad, who is a doctor, my stomach is probably getting used to the change in diet! He suggested some probiotic stuff, so I have just got myself some Actimel and Yakult, so I hoping the friendly fellows inside me start to do their job! Lol! ;-) Don't worry, you are dumping anything on me, I am happy if I can help in some way... :) I have been pretty down the past few days and I reckon it's the dreaded hormones...:-(( I think I am starting to pick up now, fingers crossed! Annie x

P/S: See my longer post above for you....xx

Thanks Annie for your lovely long response. My biggest problem is I'm a binge eater and the minute I even think the word "diet" I start to scoff food like its my favourite toy and my mum has said she's taking it away! I have some really big issues to deal with so I'm taking each day as it comes now.

The advice you've given me is great and just what I need. Thank you so much. I'm a bit like yourself, I've been down the past few weeks and couldnt pick myself up at all - thankfully I've started to feel better the last day or two.

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do fantastically well. Its great that your Dad is a doctor and can give you lots of lovely advice. I need to pay a little visit to the supermarket. I'm planning to fill myself up drinking sparkling water every night to take away the cravings for sweeties and rubbish. Peppermint tea is lovely too if you have a funny tummy.

My weigh in tonight wasn't good. I'd 1 lb on (in week two! I'm so embarrassed!). Still, a new start tomorrow morning. I've even bought this weeks ww magazine to keep me motivated.

Let me know how you get on
Delly xx

Thanks Annie for your lovely long response. My biggest problem is I'm a binge eater and the minute I even think the word "diet" I start to scoff food like its my favourite toy and my mum has said she's taking it away! I have some really big issues to deal with so I'm taking each day as it comes now.

The advice you've given me is great and just what I need. Thank you so much. I'm a bit like yourself, I've been down the past few weeks and couldnt pick myself up at all - thankfully I've started to feel better the last day or two.

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do fantastically well. Its great that your Dad is a doctor and can give you lots of lovely advice. I need to pay a little visit to the supermarket. I'm planning to fill myself up drinking sparkling water every night to take away the cravings for sweeties and rubbish. Peppermint tea is lovely too if you have a funny tummy.

My weigh in tonight wasn't good. I'd 1 lb on (in week two! I'm so embarrassed!). Still, a new start tomorrow morning. I've even bought this weeks ww magazine to keep me motivated.

Let me know how you get on
Delly xx

Hi Delly,

Nice to hear from you again... you already sound more positive...don't worry about gaining....I am sure there will be weeks that I will gain for one reason or other and it is something we all have to deal with...the important thing is to draw a line underneath it and move on... Yes, do plan/shop for the meals you are going to have...even plan for the sweet treats...don't deny yourself anything,or else you are going to want it even more...I am like you, if I tell myself I am on a diet, I start to want everything in sight, etc....if fact, I used to start eating like there was no tomorrow and get really 'hungry' !

So, make sure you plan the sweet stuff in...I love having Time Outs, they are just 2 PP's each and they are quite chocolatey too, so they hit a spot with a cup of coffee...I sometimes, have two as I have so many points left... my trouble is trying to eat earlier on the day as I am so busy rushing and driving about in the day... So, I have made sure that I am doing this now....

I'll be honest with you...if I just had ready meals and did the PP's, I'd be starving. I have tried this and have found that cooking from scratch gives me the control on what I put into my food and I can have so much more food by cooking from scratch and also by bulking my food up with lots of vegetables...Honestly, I don't feel hungry at all...(And I am a big girl that loves her food!) The only 2 days I have felt hungry were the days I did a lot of activity and was on my feet a lot....;-) What do you do for your meals? I struggle sometimes cooking for my 2 boys and me as my eldest will eat anything but my youngest doesn't eat meat, chicken, pork, etc...he'll manage a little fish/prawns but sticks to Quorn and vegetarian food...some days, all 3 of us are having 3 different meals....(my eldest likes his Steak & Ale pies, etc....and at 18 PP's each, I don't think that a tiny pie will fill me up for the night! Lol!) ... but today, we all had the same which was spicy Salmon, plain rice and Chinese style mix veg's...I was just saying on another post...I think I must have eaten a whole tub of osyter mushrooms along with tons of other veg!

Oh yes, forgot the peppermint tea...have some at home...Been having Andrews salts the past few days too... ;-)

I like your new goals, that's something positive for you to work towards!

I'll let you know how I get on....talk soon... xx

I don't have 8 stone to lose anymore, but started ww in jan 2010 at 20 st 4 (my target is about 12 st 4ish) and ended up fannying around with other diets, (shakes, atkins, sw etc) and i've come back full circle to ww again. I'm currently in the late 18s so about 6.5 stone to go now :) Its hard when you see it in the cold numbers but we all just gotta take it step by step, every successful day is another day closer :)

I don't have 8 stone to lose anymore, but started ww in jan 2010 at 20 st 4 (my target is about 12 st 4ish) and ended up fannying around with other diets, (shakes, atkins, sw etc) and i've come back full circle to ww again. I'm currently in the late 18s so about 6.5 stone to go now :) Its hard when you see it in the cold numbers but we all just gotta take it step by step, every successful day is another day closer :)

Hello there! Yes, it is hard but we just have to plod on and get on with it...It will happen...:D x

Hey Annie.

I know what you mean about veggies. Any time I was successful before when i was losing weight it was always when I was eating loads of vegetables and cooked from scratch. I'm struggling at the minute with the cooking from scratch because I'm rarely home from work before 6 and i'm always STARVING and needing something quick to eat, if I dont I end up eating everything in sight before the dinner is ready. I think it's just a matter of being better prepared for me.

Well, I have a positive to report too - its the end of my first day/week 3. AND (drumroll please). I've stuck to my dailies today - no binges, no over eating, no under pointing... Yay me!

Hope you got a good result at the scales today. xx

Hey Annie.

I know what you mean about veggies. Any time I was successful before when i was losing weight it was always when I was eating loads of vegetables and cooked from scratch. I'm struggling at the minute with the cooking from scratch because I'm rarely home from work before 6 and i'm always STARVING and needing something quick to eat, if I dont I end up eating everything in sight before the dinner is ready. I think it's just a matter of being better prepared for me.

Well, I have a positive to report too - its the end of my first day/week 3. AND (drumroll please). I've stuck to my dailies today - no binges, no over eating, no under pointing... Yay me!

Hope you got a good result at the scales today. xx

Hey Delly,

That's absolutely fantastic! You have done it! I am so pleased for you! Well done...:0clapper:

I didn't have a good day on the scales yesterday! I only lost half a pound and I was kind of expecting it because I have been bloated, etc.... I am glad that I lost the half because I got my first silver 7 loss! I'd have been so gutted if I put on or STS! Hoping that more will come off next week... My leader said it could also be because I missed some points over 2 days (a total of 25 PP's)...so, I am making sure that I eat all my points...but the trouble is, since I got weighed, all I want to do is eat! I have had to break into my weeklies too! My leader also told me not to abuse the free snacks....like the vege's and if I had a lot of fiber, it was important to drink a lot or the weight won't come off! My gut feeling is it was my hormones as I was so down on Monday, etc...fingers crossed for next Thursday!

Have you thought of cooking a quick stir fry when you get in ? Really quick to make and it doesn't have to be a lot of points? Or maybe, make some food ahead of time? I know how it feels to be starving and eating everything in sight when you get in from anywhere.... Or maybe, have a fruit salad ready to tide you over while you cook? Or even a standby frozen WW's meal with lots of steamed vege's? (I just got some at 6 PP's each for such moments...)

I had lots of shopping to do today and by the time I got back, I was ready to eat everything in sight...luckily, I bought a cooked chicken, so I had some with a WW's wrap (3 PP's) and crunchy salad....Delicious! The trouble is, because I am exhausted and was so hungry, I am craving lots of sweet cakes, etc... (Didn't help that I bought this massive chocolate cake for youngest's 10th b'day next Monday - it's sat in my bedroom and looks so tempting!

Have you got anything planned for the weekend? I think it is not raining.... Annie xx

Morning Annie..

Well done on your 1/2lb off - a loss is a loss at the end of the day. My ww leader also said in class about watching how much fruit you eat as it can make a big differenct to your loss and stick to your 5 a day. I would say if you're feeling like its hormones it probably is but the up side is you should have a better loss next week. How on earth did you manage to not eat 25 points over two days? I'm on day 3 and I ate 30 of my weeklies last night in a take away with my friend. the up side is I did point it all last night, I know what the damage is and I'm still well within my weekies. I have no problems at all eating all my dailies. I'm too fond of bread and scones. I know as I lose weight and my points go lower I'm probably going to struggle with my points. What I've been trying to do is eat my points in bigger portions of meals or else higher propointed foods that i can substitute later for a lower propointed ones - like the activia creamy yoghurts at 3 pp instead of the ww ones at 1/2 a pp. Do you know what I mean.

As for stir frys.. I love them but my DS is only six and he doesnt like them so unfortunatley I have to make what he'll eat. Its still good healthy stuff but just not quick stuff, so I'm going to have to get myself into the routine of preparing dinners the night before or hauling out my slow cooker again. My plans this weekend are suck it and see lol same as every weekend. It wasn't supposed to rain here today but it is.. Its my mum's birthday and I've baked her a cherry cake (she doesnt know yet) I've propointed it but I doubt I'll be eating any of it - much too high at 10 pp for 1 /16 of the cake. If it dries up later I think i'll take my son to the park for a kick about and get some exercise for both of us.

have you started to do any exercise yet ? I'm so unfit its frightening... literally, I get puffed out doing half the distanceI used to last year and 2 stone lighter. ?

Anyway, off now to give mum her cake. Hope you're doing well today.
Delly x

Hi guys

Can I join too?

I'm Lianne, 27. I joined WW nearly a month ago now. I've got 11 stone to lose in all, and I'm 10lb closer to my goal so far!

I'm breaking it down into 7lb targets, and every time I hit one I'm allowing myself a small treat (for my first silver 7 I treated myself to a new recipe book, for my first stone I'll be treating myself to a new nail polish...) Some days its frustrating, but I'm taking it slowly but surely.

Hi guys

Can I join too?

I'm Lianne, 27. I joined WW nearly a month ago now. I've got 11 stone to lose in all, and I'm 10lb closer to my goal so far!

I'm breaking it down into 7lb targets, and every time I hit one I'm allowing myself a small treat (for my first silver 7 I treated myself to a new recipe book, for my first stone I'll be treating myself to a new nail polish...) Some days its frustrating, but I'm taking it slowly but surely.

Hi Lianne,

Welcome to the thread - I'm sure Annie'll be along shortly to say hi. Well done on your first 10lbs loss. In a month? That's absolutely brilliant. Treating yourself for every 7lbs you lose is a really brilliant idea. I think I'll have to steal that one. What I was going to do was to put £1 in a jar for every 1lb I lost so by the time I was at goal I could buy myself a kindle..
Keep in touch and let us know how your getting on.
Delly x

Back