anyone watching supersize vs superskinny?

I watched it tonight.
I just don't understand how they can eat that much or that little!
That burger! JESUS like 5 burgers in one bun!?

I love that programme - I'll have to wait a bit though to watch it on iplayer as I don't have a tv.
:)

I love this programme i dunno how he gets through all that tho I think it must defiantly be exaggerated :)

I always think the weight losses and gains at the end are so anti climactic. I like the new format of the show though. I kind of would rather watch a whole show of Dr Christian in America interviewing people.

Haha Wisney I love looking at the Americans (is that bad of me?) They are just so extreme.
I mean in this country if you're 35 stones you're big but in America the really big people are 50 stones and more. It's incredible. Also some of them can't walk - so how do they get their fatty food? Obvs someone is feeding them. It's sad. If my husband/wife/mother/whoever got so big they were reliant on me to feed them I'd give them smaller portions and healthier food.

I wish they'd go interview the subjects after another 6 months - see if they kept it up etc. I hope they give them some support after the show.

^^^ Yeah, I wish they would do a follow up too. I LOVE that that anorexic woman is in recovery. She does look a bit oddly proportioned now, but she's done so well for herself and I'm so happy for her because I really wanted her to make a change for herself, and she did!

I love watching the americans too, it's so fascinating! I hate when they show their feet though, it's not easy to look at the sores and stuff they have (i look away, lol). I think that they get their food the same way that we do, just order it in or use their scooters to go to the nearest place. Im sure there's lots of fast food places everywhere.

I really, really responded to the Supersizer in this week's episode, because his relationship with food is EXACTLY the same as mine (and many of us i'm guessing). He eats his feelings and uses food as a 'highlight' of his life. All the food he bought looked sooooo good though, I was mming and ahhhing at the screen, lolll. I was so glad he managed to make a change though, it really inspired me.

The show is interesting, but it also annoys me. It seems to tar all fat people and skinnies with the same brush. I'm a pretty massive guy and there's absolutely no way I could eat one of those huge portions as a once off let alone three times a day plus snacks!! I'm sure not all skinny people survive on a drumstick lolly too!

i love any show like this, but this one in paticular i just think the actual extremes are mental, living on next to nothing or eating so much i think it must make these people want to vomit, its not about being greedy or having no appetitie they must be genuinely ill, are they sent away to eat/diet or do they get given help we dont see any of that just that they gave gained or lost,

also what some of them gain in 3 months i can do in a weekend, very interesting, i love any dieting show going.

I love this programme although I'll never eat a jellied sweet again!!! Lol....

Gelatine :yuk::yuk::yuk:

Back