Anyone with wheat or gluten intolerances?

Missa!!!

Silver Member
Hi everyone

I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that has intolerance's to wheat, gluten or even cow's milk and what you do to avoid these in your diet as unfortunately, most products contain these ingredients.

My husband is a Coeliac (gluten intolerant) and he eats the same main meals as me on SW

I avoid dairy as it upsets my tummy, although I'm not too bad with cheese. I use almond milk which you can have as a hexa. I drink more herbal teas than I used to and I love them now.

Thanks ladies. Its so hard to avoid foods with wheat/gluten.

I avoid dairy as it upsets my tummy, although I'm not too bad with cheese. I use almond milk which you can have as a hexa. I drink more herbal teas than I used to and I love them now.

Is it a bit similar to soya milk? I am sure I have tasted it before but it made me feel nauseous.

I love almond milk, I think its easier to drink than soy and the unsweetened one is great. Alpro soy light is good too xx

I love almond milk, I think its easier to drink than soy and the unsweetened one is great. Alpro soy light is good too xx

How almond milk can be used as a hexa? X

Are you in a group and do you have access to lifeline online? You will find lots of choices on the online food diary in the healthy extras section for both A and B choices.

How almond milk can be used as a hexa? X

I use it in coffees, on cereals and sometimes as a homemade iced late which I love. Just the same as you would use milk :)

i ment how much lol sorry x

i ment how much lol sorry x

Lol off the top of my head Alpro almond milk unsweetened is a massive 950ml for an a choice. Think alpro soy light is 500ml but may be more

Lol off the top of my head Alpro almond milk unsweetened is a massive 950ml for an a choice. Think alpro soy light is 500ml but may be more

Jeez that's a whole lot of milk. I may give it a try but that is way too much for me to use. Thanks for letting me know :D

I'm gluten intolerant and have found sw really easy as most meals are cooked from scratch.

I miss the pasta in sauce and noodles but gluten free pasta is free and just need to plan a bit more.

There is a great fact sheet on lifeline that's tells you what you can have as a b choice

Thanks. The problem is I love mug shots lol. I don't feel too bad after eating them. I do have gf/wf bread and gf porridge.

Hi, I'm coeliac and the only place I stumble is HEXb. I follow the EE plan so only 1 HEX and I have either; doves farm gf fibre flakes, nairns gf oat muesli, 1 ds part baked ciabatta roll or 4 x rice cakes. You can also have 1 tbsp or a variety if different nuts. It depends in how strict you have to be with gluten really. If its just a lifestyle choice you can have most corn or rice based cereals, but if its necessity then you can't as they contain barley. Hope that helps :) x

Hi, I'm coeliac and the only place I stumble is HEXb. I follow the EE plan so only 1 HEX and I have either; doves farm gf fibre flakes, nairns gf oat muesli, 1 ds part baked ciabatta roll or 4 x rice cakes. You can also have 1 tbsp or a variety if different nuts. It depends in how strict you have to be with gluten really. If its just a lifestyle choice you can have most corn or rice based cereals, but if its necessity then you can't as they contain barley. Hope that helps :) x

Thank you. I usually have gf porridge or a ds brown ciabatta roll.

950mls! Wow that's great as I drink alot of coffee and like cereal in the mornings so that's ideal, thank u x

I bought the alpro unsweetened almond milk but dont really like it so may buy koko coconut milk snd see what that's like.

I've seen that in the shop too, is that the same quantity wise? For a hexa

Back