Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone with York barbell bars - odd question :)

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Laura Croft, 3 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Can you please tell me what the diameter of your barbell is? I'm looking at a barbell bar but was told the diameter is 1cm. I have some York dumbbells and some weights already. The diameter of those is 2cm so I'd have to get more weights, unless 1cm is the standard size for a barbell bar now.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

I assume whoever told you 1cm meant 1 inch (2.54cm). 1 inch is standard and I think all York bars are 1 inch. You can get bigger ones, but a 1cm diameter bar would be teeny.

4. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Thank you. I thought it sounded odd! (and thank you again!)

ETA - I'm now the proud owner of some barbells. Thank you Ebay!!

Last edited: 5 September 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.