Apologies

Busy Mum

Silver Member
Sorry folks I haven't been around for the last week. Unfortunately my daughter was admitted to hospital and had to have an operation. A bit scary at the time but all is fine now and we are home and ready for Christmas. :xmastree: Kids I tell you, they can scare you to death! Anyway she is ok, still feeling a bit sore and not quite back to her lively self yet but she's getting there. Just got to have the stiches out in a week's time.

It was probably much easier being on LT while I was in hospital with her as I didn't have to think about food at all. I managed to stay 100% although I had 3 flapjacks a day for a couple of days as it was easier than preparing the shakes. However I know that I didn't manage to drink enough water. Also missed my weigh in last Friday but that's no big deal as I'll have a double weigh in this week.

I've been catching up with some of the losses on the Christmas Challenge. WOW! You are doing fantastic.

Here comes the hard week I think. Lots of temptation for all of us whether we're 100% or eating. Lets stay strong and win our food battles. Merry Christmas to you all!! This Christmas I'm at the lowest weight I've been for many years and I know I'm not the only one on here. There is no way I'm going to blow that. Christmas will be back again next year. Best wishes xxx

P.S. Maybe a trivial thing but I was so glad I had lost a good chunk of weight as I had to put a hospital gown on to go into theatre with my daughter while they did the anesthetic. Luckily I just managed to squeeze into the gown but I did think to myself there is no way I could have got it on at my old weight. I'm not sure what would have happened then but she would have been distraught if I hadn't gone in there with her and so would I, all because of my weight. Thats why for me cheating this Chrismtas is just not worth it. Best wishes all. xx

Last edited:
Hi Busy mum,so glad your daughter is doing well.You did well to stick to diet over that trying time,good for you.Have a wonderful wonderful Christmas,love Nina.xx

Welcome back BusyMum, so glad to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about your daughter but glad to hear that she's doing well now. Well done for staying 100% all this time!

Merry Christmas! xxx

Glad your daughter is on the mend x x Well done Very Busy Mum for staying on track at such a difficult time! Looking forward to your weight in on Friday :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Thank you ladies for your kind words. She is feeling better every day and managed a small Christmas dinner today. :) If I'm honest it wasn't a big achievement to stay 100% while I was in hospital with her if anything it was much easier just to have the peanut bars than have to think or sort out anything else to eat. Drinking enough water was harder though! Thanks all.

Back