Appetite getting lower in winter?

RebekahR

Gold Member
My appetite is normally low anyway but it seems to be worse now it's darker! !

Anyone else finding the same? ? Know its so important to eat eat eat

Can't stomach forcing myself on cold dark evenings! A cuppa is about all I fancy

Making sure I eat lunch on weekdays. . Anything else is a struggle! !

Roll on spring! !

Do you guys not worry or just force it down? ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Gosh Rebekah I'm the complete opposite!
I can't stop eating. I want to eat the world. I just thought it was to keep warm and because I want to hibernate but now I've read your thread maybe I'm just a greedy pig!
I guess you'll just have to try and graze on chopped fruits and things rather than sit down to a large portion if you can't stomach it? Gosh- I wish I had this problem! lol

I was like that before the clock change. Now its dark I really don't fancy much! !

I am making myself have a decent lunch as dinner never happens! !

I wish I was like you! I just can't stop eating while its cold and horrible.

Just try and eat 3 small meals a day and get your body used to eating again :)

I can't understand why someone without an appetite would need the help of SW!! I have hungry days, and also days when I am less ravenous but I can't say the seasons have anything to do with it!

Oh how i wish :p

I wish I could say eating less makes me loose lol

I absolutely need sw to maintain I wouldn't be without it now! Wouldn't want to undo hard work of loosing weight for surgery ! Or my surgery results!

Healthy eating long term and happily maintaining is my aim with sw :) not skipping meals! !

If you're finding it hard to eat in the evening, could you have your main meal at lunchtime and have a smaller one at night? Maybe just have soup in the evening, or something like a toasted cheese sandwich using your HEX? If you're not able for a big meal, I don't think you can really try to force it down.

I have been having my biggest meal at lunch then usually a cuppa & hexb roll in evening

I tried beans on toast one evening and felt so over full and sick! Had trouble sleeping

Try to get my cal hit at lunch plenty of veg and rice/cous cous

As long as you feel you're eating plenty throughout the entire day, I'd not worry too much about when you're eating. Going to bed full to bursting is so uncomfortable.

I suppose, on the other hand, you could have a very small lunch and see if that increases your hunger later in the day?

Yeah I'll give it a try! Today's been better

Yoghurt
Cous cous & roast veggies for lunch

Will cook lunch tonight for tomorrow!

I am completely the opposite, these dark evenings make me just want CARBS.

Do you find exercise helps at all? Maybe a brisk walk in the fresh air might give you a little bit more appetite?

If not, wouldn't worry too much - they say it's good for you to breakfast like an emperor, lunch like a king and dine like a pauper! Gives you energy for the whole day then. Just try and make sure you get plenty of nutrients and some calories earlier in the day.

I am completely the opposite, these dark evenings make me just want CARBS.

Do you find exercise helps at all? Maybe a brisk walk in the fresh air might give you a little bit more appetite?

If not, wouldn't worry too much - they say it's good for you to breakfast like an emperor, lunch like a king and dine like a pauper! Gives you energy for the whole day then. Just try and make sure you get plenty of nutrients and some calories earlier in the day.

Gwella I'm the same in winter, its taking time to get use to winter foods when I've been eating salad since April. :eek:

Back