Applying eye make-up tips

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I can never get my eye make-up right. I only wear it when I'm going out. Is this the right way to do it..

3 colours beige, brown & a dark brown

What I do is cover the whole eye lid right up to my eyebrow with the beige. I then put the brown over the bottom park of the eye lid & finally the dark brown half way outwards to the corner of my eye.

I put eye liner on along the bottom of my eye if you see what I mean.

Any tips appreciated...maybe it's the colour of eye shadow, I've blue eyes if that makes a difference:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

theres some good tips on youtube if you search on there.

4. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    why not try different colours as well? I love green with turquiose eyeliner :giggle: I dont apply ontop of each other but i never notice mine looking any different! i put darker in the creases and lighter on my eye lid. i dont go up to my eyebrow though but mines daytime make up!

5. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    I have blue eyes and I steer more towards silver/grey/smokey colours:

Sweep the whole eye with Benefit LemonAid primer up to the eyebrow
    Cover the whole eye with a light white eyeshadow
    Start to build a silver colour into the eye crease and blend well - do this a couple of times
    Now build up the colour using a darker smokey colour in the eye crease and blend using a clean brush
    Add a spot of highlighter in the corner of your eye and under your brow arch
    Neat line of liquid eyeliner
    Curl lashes and apply loads of mascara :)
    Forgot to say - add some of the darker colour just along your lower lashes too and blend, adding a kohl liner along the water line.
    [​IMG]
    Its also worth noting that gold and bronze colours are great for blue eyes and are on trend right now xx

6. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Stefanie I love that - it looks lush, I'm going to have a practice tomorrow & try those colours, lets hope I don't get big panda eyes lol

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Ooh I love make up!! I have grey eyes so it's hard to pick a colour that suits!

My tips are always use a base or primer as they make your make up last longer.

Depending on the occasion would depend on what amount of colour I would add!

Have u tried false eyelashes? They are fab and you can get some really natural ones now.....not just drag queen esque ones!!!

Experiment and have fun is my advice.

Oh and post some before and after pics si we can nick your tips! Xx

8. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually go for a pale-ish colour over the lid, a slightly darker shade in the socket from the outer corner of the eye in towards the middle of the eye. Then I use a small flat brush (or a lipstick brush) and then use a much darker shade to line along my lashes and build up slightly along the top lash outer corner. Lovely smoky eyes!

I've always found that eyeshadow to line the eyes gives a really nice effect, but not too harsh.

Also, I cannot recommend The Body Shop's baked eye shadows. They give a really nice sheen, blend beautifully and last all day without creasing - best discovery i've made on the cosmetic front since discovering clinique!!

9. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I love eye make-up, I look totally different when I put it on. Trouble is my eyes are so bad I have to put it on and then look what I've done :eek:

10. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you ever seen the glasses you can get with a flip over/down lens to magnify one eye so you can see whilst do the other one?

Magnifying Eye Makeup Glasses - LoveToKnow Makeup

11. chubbyemma

chubbyemma Silver Member

wow Big bear your eyes look amazing i would love to get that smokey look you have, will try your tips asap!

can i just ask about your eyebrows?? do you pluck them, then draw them back on? they look fab

thanks for any tips in advance lol

12. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Emma - those are Stefanie's eyes lol she was giving me tips. She does look fab wish I could mine as well XX

13. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Yes I've seen them, but as the magnifying side of my mirror doesn't help I haven't tried them. Has anyone tried them?

14. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    Lol thank you, very kind! I pluck my eyebrows myself, but I do fill them out more to make them thicker. I use a dark eyebrow pencil to draw in, then use an eyebrow powder to feather out the look so they don't look drawn on completely :) then just seal with a clear mascara or a wee dab of Vaseline and voila! :) xx

15. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    wow your eye make up is amazing! I wish I could do it like that.
    its only recent months that i have started to wear foundation when I go out, i only ever used to use bronzer lol. xxx

16. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    Aww thank you :) I'm just crazy about make-up and practice all the time. I think foundation can be overrated at times. If you have good skin, a touch of concealer and a nice sweeping of bronzer is a great look :) It's great to experiment though, lots of fun, especially when you aren't used to wearing it - can completely change your face....love it! :D

17. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    it also will depend on your skin and hair colouring as to which colours you can carry off, I would steer clear of colours that are too dark if you are fair skinned or have fair hair.

A good base is a must, otherwise it will eventually rub off or smear. Also some good quality brushes.

As someone mentioned there are some fab tutorials on youtube.

18. curvesncurls

curvesncurls Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.5lb(20.29%)
    Diet:
    Primal with Kettlebells
    makeupgeek.com is fab, videos and sample looks, products and loads of tips!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.