April Challenge

aesir22

Silver Member
Seems a bit quiet on this forum! Anyone want to join me on a little challenge? :) i want to lose 9lbs in April to get me down to the 16's.

aesir22 9lbs..... 0lbs lost - 9lbs to go

It's a very quiet forum compared to Slimming World Daniel!

I'll join you. I don't have that much to lose now so my losses are slowing right down. I'll still put myself down for 6lbs (1.5lb/week which is about my usual loss give or take a few ounces!).

OK, so that's

Meredith 14lbs...... 0lbs lost - 14lbs to go
Annya 6lbs....... 0lbs lost - 6lbs to go

Yaay I'm not alone! Lol. Just had my first snack of the day. Looking forward to lunch! Well, a banana shake lol. Going to morrisons tonight to see if they have an offer on.

If you see any Caramel SF mix it 50/50 with the banana and you get a shake that tastes like bannoffee pie....... nom nom nom :D

Will deffo be trying that! I love the coffee one they do too!

Only a snack between now and 7.30-8pm. I'm reeeaaallllly gonna be hungry lol

I will join! I want to lose half a stone in April. I'm gonna start doing SF properly from Tuesday as i've been really bad lately. I hope to lose more but will be happy with half a stone at least :)

Will deffo be trying that! I love the coffee one they do too!

Only a snack between now and 7.30-8pm. I'm reeeaaallllly gonna be hungry lol

Try the coffee one whizzed in a blender with loads of ice - skinny frappe :D One of my downfalls was Starbucks full fat frappes with squirty cream on top; but now I have SF coffee, loads of ice and a shot of sugar free hazelnut syrup all blitzed in the blender then poured into a long latte glass with a small spritz of low fat squirty cream on top - divine and only around 260 cals all in :drool:

Hope you were OK with just your snack earlier - bl**dy tough when you are hungry :sigh: I've just come back from a good hour out with Lily (my daft Dobie) walking up and down the country lanes round here :chores016: I even managed 20 minutes climb into the forest - some on my hands and knees it was so steep - breathless was not the word...... Christ I was almost hyperventilating :eek: Still, think of all the calories I burned :)

Hang on in there - we can do this :party0011:

Meredith 14lbs...... 0lbs lost - 14lbs to go
Annya 6lbs....... 0lbs lost - 6lbs to go
little_star 7lbs....... 0lbs lost - 7lbs to go
kirklean 7lbs....... 0lbs lost - 7lbs to go

Last edited:
Done :D

Annya said:
Try the coffee one whizzed in a blender with loads of ice - skinny frappe :D One of my downfalls was Starbucks full fat frappes with squirty cream on top; but now I have SF coffee, loads of ice and a shot of sugar free hazelnut syrup all blitzed in the blender then poured into a long latte glass with a small spritz of low fat squirty cream on top - divine and only around 260 cals all in :drool:

Hope you were OK with just your snack earlier - bl**dy tough when you are hungry :sigh: I've just come back from a good hour out with Lily (my daft Dobie) walking up and down the country lanes round here :chores016: I even managed 20 minutes climb into the forest - some on my hands and knees it was so steep - breathless was not the word...... Christ I was almost hyperventilating :eek: Still, think of all the calories I burned :)

Hang on in there - we can do this :party0011:

Nope didn't manage. A moment of weakness had me eating 2 breadbuns (one with low fat margerine) and a mullerlight. Had been doing so well but just caved :(

Gonna draw a line under it and try again tomorrow. Dunno what I'm gonna do when the hunger pangs come again!!

My doc told me that sucking mini chuppa chips would stop me having sugar cravings, so I got them and they worked ! They don't have many calories in them either ;-) x

Nope didn't manage. A moment of weakness had me eating 2 breadbuns (one with low fat margerine) and a mullerlight. Had been doing so well but just caved :(

Gonna draw a line under it and try again tomorrow. Dunno what I'm gonna do when the hunger pangs come again!!

Never mind Daniel. As you say, today is another day. I know I am probably teaching you how to suck eggs, but try having snacky stuff that's lower in calories around so at least if you do feel ravenous the damage is limited!

A good one for me is low sugar jelly - 8 cals a serving or 32 if you want to gorge and scoff the whole bowl (which I often do!). You can add tinned fruit with the juice drained off and rinsed when you make it up if you want to make it a bit more substantial without adding horrendously to the cals. They do lots of nice flavours now too - not just boring old strawberry or orange. My current fave is lemon and lime with a small tin of mandarins in :)

My doc told me that sucking mini chuppa chips would stop me having sugar cravings, so I got them and they worked ! They don't have many calories in them either ;-) x

You can also try those little wee boxes of sugar free sweeties from health food shops too..... I always have a box hanging around in my bag just in case! I adore the toffee flavour ones and recently tried strawberries and cream - they are gorgeous too :)

OK, just hopped on the scales. 2lbs off for me this week (Christ have I worked for it though :whacky068::chores016:) so I am just 0.4lbs off what I weighed a fortnight ago (depressing huh?). Still my body fat %tage is going down nicely so I must be doing something right?

Sadly, it's not April yet so I can't list it on the challenge - here's hoping for another good week next week - dunno if I can be as saintly as I have for the past 7 days again though :angel09:

Good Luck with the challenge this month. I wont join you as i set a target of 4lb last month and my body was such an arse i couldnt even lose that! I think ill get more disheartened if I cant lose 2lb let alone anything else

Back