Aqua swimming newbie! Eeek! Lol

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Eed to build my muscles and strentgh up as for last few years had ME sympyoms and chronic migranes which has left me extreemly unfit and 5stone over weight so a froend has invited me to an aqua swimming session which im excited anout but a little worried about being seen in my cosi lol

Has anyone else tried it or is doing it? How did you find it? Does it help build your dtrentgh and stamina up? Whst does of things does it involve?

Doing this alongside slimming world red/green smd EE days :) lost 7.5lb so far x long way to go but feeling positive!

No :) swimming fitness x

Its called aquafit x

I've never done Aquafit but I swim and am often in the pool at the same time as the Aqua Fit classes. They are supposed to increase stamina and better for your muscles than gym exercise. The women who do it seem to enjoy it and don't look like they are struggling.

Cool! Thats just what i need as due to illness i have no strength in my muscles and usual gym activities knock me for six so hoping this will be good for building me up slowly :)

Bit nervous sbout being in a swimsuit in public as im biggest ever been but suppose i got to bite the bullet and just go for it as got to start somewhere :)

Will let you know how i find it :) xx

Teamnasher, there could be a womans only class that you could go to. I found that those classes were really supportive and easier to feel less self consious in. The other great thing about aquafit is you can do the exercises to the level you want. Once you build up strength you can then do the same exercises but a bit more vigorously. Good luck with it and remember to take it easy the first time. No-one is going to tell you that you can't go back because you're not working as hard as some of the others. ;)

I loved aquafit. I went to classes many years ago and my body shape really changed for the better. I went to 3 classes a week straight after work and used the water to vent my frustrations with my boss. I've been meaning to go back but it's so expensive I can't quite justify the money right now.

Thanks sheryland :) x i had such a good time, i cant begin to tell you how good it felt to get into the pool, it was so refreshing as not been in for years and it felt so good :)

My wobbly bits were free to jiggle as much as they liked as noone could see them hehe!

The workout was good although my knee kept giving me jip and is hurting quite bad now but think thats an ongoing problem so will have to find ways of doing the excersises without working the right knee to much. But i wont let it stop me going again :)

Going to try going once or twice a week depending on hubbys shifts and volunteering/kids schooling etc...

Heres to building up my strentgh once and for all whoop!

Is there no way you could just pay for a swim session but do some of the excersises that way saving some pennies :) everyone deserves a hobby or health time :) x hope you get to go bck soon x

N x

Thanks sheryland :) x i had such a good time, i cant begin to tell you how good it felt to get into the pool, it was so refreshing as not been in for years and it felt so good :)

N x

Well done! I'm so pleased to hear that you had a good time. :D If you speak to the instructor I'm sure they'll be able to help adapt some of the moves to help relieve the pressure on your knee.

You've also motivated me, which is no easy thing, so thank you. If I can find the money for SW class each week I should be able to treat myself to an aquafit class each week as well. If I start taking leftover dinners in for my lunches instead of buying salad boxes on the day I should be able to manage it.

Yay thats awesome hun go for it :) x glad its encouraged you!

Got weigh in tonight eek! Been 10days since last weigh in so hopefully be a good loss :)

yes good idea! i will speak to them next week when i go :)

Keep in touch how it goes :)
Happy aquafitting :) xx

Back