Are 4 packs a day, plus small snack okay?

Hi all,

I'm at the end of day three on exante, and I am officially in ketosis :D

I thought your appetite was suppossed to reduce by a lot, but it hasn't for me yet. I have been lurking the forums, and some people say that they don't even want their three packs a day, and have to force them down. Will my appetite reduce by any more now that I am in ketosis? Here's what I've had...

Day one- 3 packs, plus 3 slices of ham, three small chicken chunks, sugar free jelly.
Day two- Four packs, plus nibble of chicken thigh, plus sf jelly.
Day three- Four packs, plus a palm sized portion of roast pork.

I'm not unbearably hungry, but I just don't feel satisfied on just three packs. Is it okay to eat 4 a day, or will that bump up my protein levels too high and bring me out of ketosis? I'm quite tall at 5 foot 8, and I weigh 14 stone 12. I have lost a stone in the past month eating a low calorie real food diet.

TBH I think that whilst you go into to Ketosis its not always automatic that you will find your appetite suppressed. It may take a little bit longer for that to take effect. I am two weeks in now and am finding that I am leaving longer and longer gaps between my packs - possibly due to feeling less hungry. Are you drinking plenty of fluid ie water, coffee etc as that will help abate the hunger. I usually find that having a small drink tends to made that feeling pass for a while at least. The other thing is that because you are nibbling you may find that encourages more hunger pangs and therefore give you the feeling of wanting more. Perhaps you should not nibble quite so much and stick to the 3 packs per day with plenty of fluid. Give it a bit more time and before you know you will find that you will not notice hunger so much. :)

Hi all,

I'm at the end of day three on exante, and I am officially in ketosis :D

I thought your appetite was suppossed to reduce by a lot, but it hasn't for me yet. I have been lurking the forums, and some people say that they don't even want their three packs a day, and have to force them down. Will my appetite reduce by any more now that I am in ketosis? Here's what I've had...

Day one- 3 packs, plus 3 slices of ham, three small chicken chunks, sugar free jelly.
Day two- Four packs, plus nibble of chicken thigh, plus sf jelly.
Day three- Four packs, plus a palm sized portion of roast pork.

I'm not unbearably hungry, but I just don't feel satisfied on just three packs. Is it okay to eat 4 a day, or will that bump up my protein levels too high and bring me out of ketosis? I'm quite tall at 5 foot 8, and I weigh 14 stone 12. I have lost a stone in the past month eating a low calorie real food diet.

Hi, as far as I'm aware that you only need to have 3 replacement meals plus low carb food if you are following the working solution. Have a look at their website!!!

Yeah don't have 4 packs per day that in itself could knock you out of ketosis as you'd be having 80+ grams of carbs in a day, stick with 3 packs + a small protein based meal until the hunger subsides. It's worth noting though that not everyone gets appetite suppression with ketosis, in fact suppression is the wrong word as actually ketosis should really only regulate your appetite as opposed to totally kill it, over time your stomach obviously gets smaller and used to smaller meals and in the end you're supposed to not be as hungry, but I never got that with Exante, and was starving every day until I changed to S & S, weird

Back