Are fruit smoothies 0pp?

LizzyC86

I've read on here about people having smoothies....if you make them yourself with just fruit are they still 0pp? I used to follow SW and as soon as you put fruit into smoothies it had to be synned.

If anyone could clear this up for me, i would be very grateful

xxx

If you do like yoghurt you can add the ww summer fruits - only 1 point. I have one most mornings with berries and a banana - yummy

i don't really like smoothies but i tried SW last year and it annoyed me i couldn't have tinned fruit without having to count it ! ....and a glass of orange juice was stupidly high in syns. that's kinda why i couldn't stick to it. i was so glad when i started WW and found i could eat as much tinned fruit as i wanted and not count it (as long as i drained off the juice) and a glass of orange juice could easily fit into my breakfast pp's along with my toast or cereal not instead of ! ... only been on this diet for 2 weeks (tomorrow is my 2nd WI) and i must say i'm loving this diet already :D

:eatdrink051:

I know what you mean, I did sw for quite a while and im finding it difficult to accept that certain foods that were pretty much off limits on sw are now ok as long as I have the points free.

xx

LizzyC86 said:
I know what you mean, I did sw for quite a while and im finding it difficult to accept that certain foods that were pretty much off limits on sw are now ok as long as I have the points free.

xx

Lizzy, I found it liberating but also really scary. I now think more abt what I eat and portion size. Im loving the plan and for me going for a meal doesn't equal falling off the wagon. On SW I found it so hard to eat out unless it was harvester or nandos LOL

me too.... i can eat ready meals now too which fits in a lot better with my life style as i don't always have time to cook. :)
and can eat out once a week knowing its covered.
also the "naughty" treats are now not so naughty.

in a way i think i prefer to count everything that's not fruit and veg and have less other "free foods" then be able to eat as many "free foods" as i like but have to count fruit in other forms, e.g puree'd and cooked! ... it really does help with portion control and in my view is more realistic to changing for life.

i haven't heard i have to count cooked fruit anyway .... now we've checked pureed fruit can someone let me know about cooked fruit please .... i'm assuming its 0pp still ! ?

Back