Total Solution Are healthy snacks allowed

Hi, Im on my first week (day 3)and its going well however I really need to have a snack mid morning and mid afternoon. I know Im not going to last if I dont. Today I was sensible enough to take something in work with me that I prepared. I took in some slices of pepper, cucumber, courgette and carrot. It worked out approx 60-70 calories for the whole lot. If I did this every day would it still be ok or would it have an effect on the diet. I dont really want to do the working solution unless its a last resort. If it is ok what other things can I eat that would be ok if under say 100 calories. Many Thanks

check the list of ketosis friendly foods in the sticky above carrot is a big no no but cucumber and pepper should be ok.
many people here have said they lost just fine doing WS instead of TS so as long as you stick to the allowable foods list then you're fine

Ya carrots are a big No NO cause there Carbohydrate content is very high.
http://www.minimins.com/exante/188712-helpful-list-ketogenic-foods.html

heres the link for ketogenic foods.. and also high protien meats are good.. Chicken, fish, duck...

WS has an average of 14/15 lbs loss a month which is more or less the same as the TS..

So which ever works for you hun..

One thing you need to becareful of though is they stop u going into ketosis so you feel hungry for longer, if u go TS and dont cheat at all, in about 3 - 5 days u go into ketosis and stop feeling hungry, u still get cravings to eat bad food from time to time but not actually hungry

exante book says WS has average loss of 12lbs I thought it said?

JUst going by what some of the girls have been saying hun.. alot of them have lost between 12 and 15 pounds, guess it depends on how much your eating and your portion sizes and if your exercising..

If you really need to snack on something then it's most green veg/salad stuff that is ok......lettuce, cucumber, broccoli etc.
Or some protein like chicken or turkey.

If you feel the need to snack, could you split your packs ?
I split my bars into thirds, and my shakes into two or three, depending on how I feel. The only one I have all at once is the soup :)
It works for me :)

Or you could have 2 days a week where you have salad or something rather than snacking every day. Give you something to look forward to and slowly reduce your snacking until you don't need to do either anymore.

As others have said as long as its all ketogenic food then it shouldn't be a problem. I was on Lipotrim before and I never had control afterwards hence why I'm on Exante again. This time round if I want a salad with some chicken I will have one, if that's what stops you going off the rails, and allows you to take control then go for it! I think this diet has to suit everyone in their own individual way. It doesn't mean your a cheat if you eat cucumber or lettuce, it just means you've taken an active decision to eat something and you haven't reached for the crisps, potatoes, chocolate that you might have done before. I see it as a positive thing :)

Thats really helpful, thanks. Im so determined to get the weight off this time Im scared of going off the rails. Im going to try not to snack but will look at :)splitting the bars and shakes on occasion.

I split my shakes now too. I have the first half of one at 10am and the second half at noon. I just had the first half of my second shake at 2pm and will have the other half when making the kids tea at around 5pm. I then save my bar for when the kids are in bed.

Back