Are my scales to blame

Sass

Silver Member
I went to the docs today for my blood pressure check and as she weighed me last Thursday i thought i would ask her to do it today so i can compare the scales at the doctors with my reading from my scales at home.

and here is the results this morning:
My scales - 114.1kg
Docs scales - 110kg. Last week I was 112kg on her scales.

So am i doing better than my scales wish to give me credit for?! i dont know what scales to go by now because i much prefer the reading that i got from the doc's scales :D

Woo-hoo Sass! That's great going! Going down 2kg in a week!! That's very nearly 4 and a half pounds!!!! And you thought you'd just lost one! Wow! I'd go and buy yourselg a new set of scales lol!

hmmm i just weighed myself on the wii fit which also weighs me the same as my normal scales i weigh on :confused: i would love to go by the docs but i don't think they are right, i certainly don't feel like i have lost that much this week.

Hmmmm, stick with that then. Scales huh, pain in the butt! You might have a bigger loss next week. I didn't know you could weigh on the wii fit, that's cool. Can't wait til hubby buys me one! Although knowing what he's like I'll never get a look in!!!

Argh how frustrating for you Sass!! Do you have a Boots nearby, they usually have those big scales that you pay to use...Maybe try using something like that? When I was doing SW a few girls stopped going to the classes, and just used to meet once a week, in town, to weigh themselves at Boots.

Some supermarkets have them too, I think our Asda does, or used to anyway.

Mel x

Thanks for your support lady's. I'm not going to let it bother me to much. I was only at a boots this morning and i was tempted to try those scales out but i always worry i will break them, silly thought but that's what being obese and lacking in confidence does to you.

I think you should just use 1 set of scales and stick with those. I believe the wii fit ones to be fairly accurate.

I have some digital scales and they always made the same as the SW ones.

xx

Thanks for your support lady's. I'm not going to let it bother me to much. I was only at a boots this morning and i was tempted to try those scales out but i always worry i will break them, silly thought but that's what being obese and lacking in confidence does to you.[UOTE]

now hun, don't let me hear you say stuff like that again:copon: you are one of the kindest, most helpful people on here and i bet you are just as lovely in person:happy096:

i know what you mean about confidence sass and weight being the biggest cause of it so to be the person you sound like, go for it, try 100% as often as you can and once the weight starts going again your confidence will shine through:banana dancer:

thx so much sparkel, didn't help with the stupid comments my oh came out with like hmmm well the docs scales have gota be wrong, that was just not the right thing to say to me right now when i'm struggling so much at the moment. Men really don't think do they?! get this he isn't talking to me now coz i'm wrong for thinking he was beating my confidence.

god they're so stupid arn't they! you'd have thought they knew not to say anything about weight, looks, in fact anything at all that is dangerous lol! try not to let him get to you hun and enjoy the peace and quiet! x

Back