Are people being kind or is there something else going on?

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
I am not sure about this. A young guy at work, who is a lovely person, says that I am not fat, do not need to go on a diet and there is no way I should be thinking like this. When I told him that I was at least 3 stone overweight he poo pooed that. When I pointed out that I was obese on the chart, he poo pooed that as well! Then another colleague joined in (she is a size 12 max and always going on about how fat she is!!). She said that it was just my head that I needed to sort out. It was the way I perceived myself that was wrong. So I got a bit peed off at this stage and said that all I needed to do was sort my $%@&£*g body out and I would be fine. I have also today had a chap come up to me and shove an iced bun in his face and making a big deal out of the fact that he was eating a bun. What is up with people? Do they feel threatened by someone wanting to change themselves? Do they secretly hope that you will fail? I am at a loss to understand. Mostly though, I have received incredible support but these 3........grrrrrrrr I am mad!!!!! Ok, rant over :rant2:

not being funny but stuff everyone else!!!!
if your not happy about your size and want to do something about it who is it for anyone else to say!!!
they will be the first ones to be all "oohh you look SSSOOO much better" "wow look at how amazing you look" when you have lost the weight!!
at the end of the day YOU are the only one that knows how your head feels about your body and if you think that once you start to loose the weight you will feel better (and you will!) then stuff them!!!
We do this diet for US no one else!!!!
you go for it chick if its what you want!!!!!
and you can stick it to "miss its all in your head" when your wandering round your office looking better than her!!!!!!
just to warn you........when you do lose the weight (ive lost 3 stone so far only another 7lbs to go yippee!!) youll get teh people that say..."i think youve gone far enough now, i think you should stop, come on just eat this it wont do any harm" they drive me MAD!!! my nanna is the WORST!! "oohh emma your getting to thin i think you should stop this silly dieting now"
nobody will ever understand that untill you reach were you want to be then they are NOT HELPING!!!
ok lol my little rant over too!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the young guy was probably being polite, because afterall to say the opposite would be for him to agree with you that you DO need to go on a diet, which when mean that he was effectively calling you fat, which he is probably too polite to do.

The girl may have joined in because she was trying to be nice too.

The guy deliberately stuffing his face with an iced bun was probably just a moron who still thinks he's in the school playground.

I think the young guy was probably being polite, because afterall to say the opposite would be for him to agree with you that you DO need to go on a diet, which when mean that he was effectively calling you fat, which he is probably too polite to do.

The girl may have joined in because she was trying to be nice too.

The guy deliberately stuffing his face with an iced bun was probably just a moron who still thinks he's in the school playground.
Well the girl, who I mentioned is a size 12 and always moaning that she is fat, for her to say that it is just a mind thing, I don't think it was done out of niceness. I give her a lift to work every day and she knows about my issues with my weight. How can someone who is a 12 possibly think that someone who is an 18 is not fat, when she thinks that she is?
I don't know, people really confuse me

not being funny but stuff everyone else!!!!
if your not happy about your size and want to do something about it who is it for anyone else to say!!!
they will be the first ones to be all "oohh you look SSSOOO much better" "wow look at how amazing you look" when you have lost the weight!!
at the end of the day YOU are the only one that knows how your head feels about your body and if you think that once you start to loose the weight you will feel better (and you will!) then stuff them!!!
We do this diet for US no one else!!!!
you go for it chick if its what you want!!!!!
and you can stick it to "miss its all in your head" when your wandering round your office looking better than her!!!!!!
just to warn you........when you do lose the weight (ive lost 3 stone so far only another 7lbs to go yippee!!) youll get teh people that say..."i think youve gone far enough now, i think you should stop, come on just eat this it wont do any harm" they drive me MAD!!! my nanna is the WORST!! "oohh emma your getting to thin i think you should stop this silly dieting now"
nobody will ever understand that untill you reach were you want to be then they are NOT HELPING!!!
ok lol my little rant over too!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Emmie. Your weight loss is brilliant and you are right about having to keep going until you have reached the goal you have set for yourself. If you dont reach that goal then I would imagine it would be easy to go off the rails. Once you have attained the goal that you have set for yourself though, surely mentally you would want to stay at that? Doing this just to lose a stone and a half and look 'ok' wouldn't be any good for me really. I want to get to goal of losing 3 stone and look fab and when I look fab I will feel so good I will do everything I can to stay in that place. Does this make sense? Jeez, I am ranting again aren't I? lol

Well the girl, who I mentioned is a size 12 and always moaning that she is fat, for her to say that it is just a mind thing, I don't think it was done out of niceness. I give her a lift to work every day and she knows about my issues with my weight. How can someone who is a 12 possibly think that someone who is an 18 is not fat, when she thinks that she is?
I don't know, people really confuse me

maybe she just fancies the young guy so sided with him to get closer to him?

i had the same problem before i lost weight and know i now it was a jelousy thing and people being scared of change esp when i started getting noticed by more males at work lol x they dont like the attention off them,i was too an 18 weighing 16 stone 7 and am 5ft so i was very fat. i know weigh 12stone 7 and am a 14 and the compliments keep coming which is hard to get used to. good luck and im sure u will show them how good u can really look x

i had the same problem before i lost weight and know i now it was a jelousy thing and people being scared of change esp when i started getting noticed by more males at work lol x they dont like the attention off them,i was too an 18 weighing 16 stone 7 and am 5ft so i was very fat. i know weigh 12stone 7 and am a 14 and the compliments keep coming which is hard to get used to. good luck and im sure u will show them how good u can really look x

wow well done thats a awesome achievment!

Thanks everyone for your take on this. I am very determined to get to where I want to be, despite the attitudes of other people. It just saddens me that people can't be pleased that you are trying to change yourself. Anyhow, I get fantastic support from my daughter Jess and also from all you guys on here. So a big thank you :D

Back