Are power plates any good?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by lostkelly, 24 February 2011 Social URL.

1. lostkelly

lostkelly Silver Member

I have started to turn my spare room into a mini gym, I currently have a cross trainer, a treadmill and just ordered a rowing machine, but I have also been told about these power plates that are good for toning. Has anyone had any experience with them. It seems too good to be true that a 10 mins workout on this is equivalent to a 60 mins workout without one.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Kelly x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    Hi kelly.ive tried the power plates and after my first month i lost 10 inches, i had to stop using them because of a bad back.they are a very quick way of working out and its not too hard either. might be worth a go.
    I think u can rent them so maybe if u did that for a month or two and see what the results are like instead of buying one now and regretting it later! :)

4. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Only if you use them with a PROPER exercise routine. There is no point in buying one if you aren't dedicated to your exercise regime and use it on its own... It's not designed to be used that way.

It's supposed to be agony when you actually use it..lol

5. bambam101

bambam101 Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    I've got a power plate in my home gym. At first, I couldn't feel any difference when I worked out on it to when I didn't....so I gave up on it and it gathered dust in the corner for a few months.
    Now I've joined a Virgin Active gym for their classes and pool and they have power plates there. I asked one of the trainers to give me a quick lesson and after 10 mins my core was so exhausted I felt sick!
    I've tried the exercises on my home one now and I can definitaly feel and see the difference. So yes, by all means they are a great piece of kit to get...but make sure you use it properly.

6. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    yes, they are awesome.

but like others have said, but only if used properly. i dont own one i use the one in the gym, i had to have an induction to use it proper and after that sesh my legs and arms felt like lead, proper acheing.

7. lostkelly

lostkelly Silver Member

10 inches, wow!

Thank you for all your replies.
    I think I might give it a go and I will definitely read up and get the most out of it.
    I'm soo excited a new gadget!
    Night all
    Kelly x

8. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    good luck with it hun..you've got me thinking maybe i should buy my own one and stick it in the spare room :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.