Are the bars a good idea?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Gemma1986, 5 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    do you suggest i try them when i can or will it make me just want to eat?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Personally? I couldn't survive without them, its lovely to have something to chew on, but each person is different Gem honey, but after 2 weeks you should be OK I would have thought. I have had them since day one, and now I have 2 a day!

4. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    oh dont i could do with them now but my CDC is away till monday :(

5. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I'd say have them. It really does make the diet easier

6. Mrs H to be

Mrs H to be Full Member

I tried two different flavours on my 5th week as I normally only like chocolate and chocolate mint shakes but I didn't like the bars. I think they have a funny after taste. I'd still say to give them a try and see if you like them as everyone has different tastes.

7. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I don't really like any of them, but I still have them because it is, at least, solid :)

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

I am not on CD, and I love my lemon yoghurt bars and the lemon crunch ones are pretty good too x

9. Samstar

Samstar Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.24%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    My cdc told me to halve a shake so I get to have one for lunch and one for breakfast and a soup for tea, Then she said cut a bar into 4 and you can have a piece with brekkie, lunch, tea and when you fancy something to nibble in evening. I also read somewhere that they put them in the fridge and cut them into about 30 pieces so it lasts longer.My cdc told me it was ok to have bars from day 1, but i've been a bit scared to try them in case it takes me out of ketosis.I will have to have some by day 5 because I will run out of shakes and soups until I go and see her, have any of you had them since day one and if so do you think they make a difference to your weight loss.

10. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I am hugely carb sensitive and found the my weight loss really slowed when I had the bars so I've decided not too :-( would have been nice though! X

11. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    personality there a no no for me there lovely but i can't stop till there all gone just like chocolate. they don't feel like a meal to me more of a snack and today i've craved chocolate all day after having 3 bars yesterday and i feel much more hungry.
    there not for me but you may get on with them.

12. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I am exactly the same as tinkerbellsmum. If I have them in the house, I eat them until they are gone. I am a terrible chocoholic!

This is why I limit myself to 1 per week (now and again I will have 2 a week). I find that on a friday I put my tetra in the freezer along with my bar (so it is really chewy and lasts longer!) and I eat my tetra ice cream, then my bar! I look at it like a treat and it is much better than just scoffing loads!

I will say though (not sure if anyone else has had this) but if I eat 2 bars in a day I find I am so windy and my stomach gurgles away. Doesn't stop me if they are there though! But evenso, something to watch out for.

If I remember rightly, odd weeks I had a choco craving (usually TOTM) I would buy 1 for each day and get my hubby to hide them and put one in the freezer for me each morning before he went to work so I wasn't tempted! It worked well for me!

Maybe you could experiment with the flavours and if you find you like thm too much get someone to hide them from you until you need them! Because technically you aren't really supposed to have more than one a day anyway - with the extra carbs and calories. It didn't ever effect my losses but I guess if you have 2 or 3 each day your losses would be slightly less. Then again everyone is different, you may not be effected by them at all as far as losses go!

Hugs x x x

13. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    hmm that might explain why i was bloated yesterday and had stomach pains. on the plus side it helped me go for a number 2 as i've been struggling.

14. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have had them from Day 1 and I have never found I have low losses. It is true though, we are all different. I couldn't possibly do this diet without them though.

15. lshafik

lshafik Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm very lucky actually as I don't have chocolate cravings so 1 a day or every few days is fine...I wish they did some sort of crisps though! lol

16. swivlehips

swivlehips Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.48%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i only have 1 bar A as my ccs said you are only allowed 1 a day as it slows down the weight loss, i cut mine straight down the middle then into wee squares so that it last longer

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.