Are these still free foods

BrendaB

Hi

I did SW in 2008 after my first child and it worked a treat and I managed to keep the weight off! BUT during my last pregancy I ate like food was going out of fashion!! Our baby is 5 weeks old now and I am currently 11 stone 4Lb for the past 2 weeks and I am starting to get depressed about it as I was watching what I had been eating but nothing seems to be coming off.:eek:

Soooooooooooooooo back to SW I go. I had heard that there were changes in the past few years so I was just wondering are all these foods still free on a red day. All fruit & veg I have mentioned is either fresh or frozen. And can I still eat as much fruit and muller lights as I want?

lean meat - ham, bacon, beef, chicken etc
eggs
peppers
onion
tomato
mushroom
carrots
parsnips
oranges
apples
red grapes
scallions

I used to live on muller lights and fruit... an omlette tomato,onion, mushroom ham/gammon/bacon..... WW brown bread sandwich with HE dairylea light spread, ham tomato, & motzorella cheese HE toasted....and lean meat with veg and a few spuds for dinner. Is this still ok?
Also are there any changes or allowances for exercising.

Thanks
Brenda

Hi Brenda,

congratulations on your little bundle

lean meat is free on red
parnips free on green or HE 200g raw weight, as are new potatoes (and 230g jacket eating the skin)
all other are free on all plans
there's a few grams more if you eat cereals, but looking at your list and meal ideas, you should be fine
(except some mullerlights are now synned)

Good luck, might be an idea to pop along to a class both for a proper update, explanation on extra easy, if that hadn't been incorporated then, and also of course for some support and freindship

There are a lot of changes, most notably Extra Easy. Syn values will have changed and the healthy extra list has changed. Some things are no longer free foods (eg polenta)

We can't post lists of free foods or healthy extras on here as they are copyrighted.

There are no allowances for exercise.

I really would recommend joining a group.

No not all mullerlights are free - the greek ones, cheesecake and those with a fruit underlayer are synned but not very high in syns. I agree with the others that the best option would be to head off to group, even if it is only for the first week, as a lot has changed since you were last a member. Good luck!

Thanks Debridger,

I know the red days worked for me before so I'm hoping this is still the case. I'll be joining a group as soon as I can, it's a good motivator.

Brenda :)

Whooohooo Jules...... great, I love the toffee one.

Thanks
Brenda

Last edited:
Hi Patchwork Puss,

thanks for that, I hope to get back to my group but I just wanted to see if things were more or less the same.

Ta
Brenda

Back