Extra Easy Are tinned tomatoes superfree?

becki22

Are tinned tomatoes free or super free??? I haven't got my book with me (stoooopid) and when I've searched for it I just get people's diarys with recipes!!!

Thought I might of got told off for posting a regular question but I genuinely searched and couldn't find!!! Glad it helped someone else out too :)

Ooh I really thought they were free! Woop I use loads of them, thanks for asking that as i would never have known :D

becki22 said:
Are tinned tomatoes free or super free??? I haven't got my book with me (stoooopid) and when I've searched for it I just get people's diarys with recipes!!!

I think the fact anyone feels they may get "shot " or criticised in any way for asking a perfectly innocent question says a lot about some people on here !! It does seem that some people have become so superior that they take it apon themselves to jump down people's throats and reprimand them for posting in the wrong place or asking something that has already been asked by someone else ???? Maybe it's time to remember that we are all here to support each other however we can and what may seem a silly question to one person may be vital to another's weight loss success !
Lighten up people !!!
Sorry had to get that off my chest , hope you enjoyed your tomatoes !! Xxx

I think the fact anyone feels they may get "shot " or criticised in any way for asking a perfectly innocent question says a lot about some people on here !! It does seem that some people have become so superior that they take it apon themselves to jump down people's throats and reprimand them for posting in the wrong place or asking something that has already been asked by someone else ???? Maybe it's time to remember that we are all here to support each other however we can and what may seem a silly question to one person may be vital to another's weight loss success !
Lighten up people !!!

Well said hun! I often think, oh maybe I'll ask some question but then I don't bother for fear of being slated x

cheeselover said:
Lighten up people !!!

Very well said :) x

Lighten up people !!!

Well said, this seems to have got a little lost of late.

Lighten up people !!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. :) very nice.

I think sub-forums were made for queires that are a common topic & it makes it easier to find an answer, as with the majority of questions, the answers are already there.

LisaC said:
I think sub-forums were made for queires that are a common topic & it makes it easier to find an answer, as with the majority of questions, the answers are already there.

Indeed but if someone asks somewhere else they shouldn't be " jumped " on by anyone !
People do need to remember that like emails , texts etc it's very hard to always convey the true emotion behind the writing and it's so easy to offend or sound superior , this in turn could push someone away or stop then from asking a much needed question , as I said before !
Let's face it if someone "snapped" at someone like that in general conversation they would very quickly become isolated and unpopular , just because they can be anonymous it doesn't mean we should forget our manners , there are many ways to say something and I think some write without thinking at all how the recipient will feel or indeed others who will also read it !
I don't think anyone deliberately posts in the "wrong" place or asks a repetitive question, we're all humans , let's have a bit if humility & before replying just stop to think if you would say it to someone's face and how it could be perceived !

Support , respect & friendship xxxx

Totally agree Cheeselover! But I've not seen any posts where people have been "jumped" on, told off or been rude to. As I said the sub-forums were made for a reason & if they're used right they actually make the whole forum much easier to find your way around & find answers. I don't think the word "bump" is snapping as people at all, it's just to keep that thread seen.

The "SW off-topic" forum is used loads & although its under SW the threads are nothing to do with SW. I'm sure people would get niggled if everyday a load of threads that should be in that sub-forum (like eastenders or dancing on ice & other things) were posted on the main SW forum, when they really shouldn't be there. Sub-forums just makes it easier to ask a question & find an answer. No one here is being/has been inappropriate. :)

Very well said indeed!!! Sometimes people just want to get involved and the way people behave stops them from doing this!!! To be fair does it really matter if the post is something that was discussed a few weeks (sometimes months) a go!!! As long as the question gets answered.

We must remember though that a lot of people are nice when they post a link or something on a thread but a lot of people aren't, they are just plain rude and when I tried to suggest this is another post it was almost like I had accused someone of murder or something!!! If they put all that energy in to helping people it would be a much nicer place around here :)

LisaC said:
Totally agree Cheeselover! But I've not seen any posts where people have been "jumped" on, told off or been rude to. As I said the sub-forums were made for a reason & if they're used right they actually make the whole forum much easier to find your way around & find answers. I don't think the word "bump" is snapping as people at all, it's just to keep that thread seen.

The "SW off-topic" forum is used loads & although its under SW the threads are nothing to do with SW. I'm sure people would get niggled if everyday a load of threads that should be in that sub-forum (like eastenders or dancing on ice & other things) were posted on the main SW forum, when they really shouldn't be there. Sub-forums just makes it easier to ask a question & find an answer. No one here is being/has been inappropriate. :)

All understood and agree re topics etc however I think you can see from other responses that some people including myself have felt that some posters are maybe a little judgemental & maybe a little insensitive with responses , hence the initial comment made by member concerned she may be "shot" for asking a question ! I'm sure you would agree no one should feel like that even if said a little tongue in cheek !

I know a few that responded in a joking manor apologised if some had taken their jokes seriously, it's not their fault if someone takes it the way it wasn't intended. But that is why I don't understand why people are still saying posts are judgemental when different ones apologised if their JOKES were taken seriously. It seems the end of it all to me..?!

LisaC said:

I don't think anyone is disputing the ideas of sub forums or the word bump and I'm sure you'd agree that so many people can't be making it up about the rude comments we've seen!!!

Unfortunately it's not ever going to be sorted out and I think people should just accept people will post things even though the answer was there all time, people just like to get involved and why shouldn't they!!! Posting a question/starting a thread that's gets good replies makes you feel a part of it all and makes the support feel more real because people are actually answering/talking to you!!! (I know that sounds silly but its true)

I don't think anyone is disputing the ideas of sub forums or the word bump and I'm sure you'd agree that so many people can't be making it up about the rude comments we've seen!!!

Unfortunately it's not ever going to be sorted out and I think people should just accept people will post things even though the answer was there all time, people just like to get involved and why shouldn't they!!! Posting a question/starting a thread that's gets good replies makes you feel a part of it all and makes the support feel more real because people are actually answering/talking to you!!! (I know that sounds silly but its true)

I agree Becki! I was only stating why the sub-forums had been made (long before I joined!) & why it's good they're used correctly. After all if you have a syn query, someone in the syn query forum is likley to know the answer as they've probably seen the answer there. All I was saying is I don't think its fair to state that some have "become so superior that they take it apon themselves to jump down people's throats and reprimand them for posting in the wrong place or asking something that has already been asked by someone else". If someone takes a joke the wrong way it's not fair to call them rude. That's all I'm saying :)

becki22 said:

I agree Beki , helping is one thing , I'm in no way a sensitive person who takes offence easily but some of the replies and remarks I have read are rude , offensive and not in anyway in the spirit of support !
I'm sure these people have no idea they are being this way , I would just ask that before anyone replies to someone, they think more carefully about how it will be perceived ! We want more people posting & seeking friendship and support not fewer for fear I'd be "doing it wrong " and then being corrected in a demeaning way , this isn't school , we are adults who should know how to speak to others !
My grandmothers best saying was " if you can't say something nice then say nothing at all"
On that note , thank you to all the lovely , supportive friendly posters , moderaters etc , you know who you are and make this site a vital tool to slimmers ! I shall say no more about the others !!
Here's to weight loss & positive support for everyone x

Back