Are you 5ft 9" like me..... ??

bubbalicious

Silver Member
If so what is your target weight?? :confused:

I set my target at group at 12st 3lbs (3 pounds over that target at the moment..... ooopppsss) which is not close to a good BMI really, so I think I would like to lose another stone. I dont attend group anymore as cant afford it.

I'm 5'9" and have set my target at 12st.

I don't intend to pay much attention to BMI and will instead use how I look/feel as the best judge of when to stop.

Hi there,

I am 5'9 too and I have set my target as 12stone, its a loose target for me as I have never been that weight as an adult and I don't know how I will feel when/if I get there- my family are big busted and all 'big boned' if you like so 12 stone may feel too small for me. I am just going to go until I feel like I am happy with myself- so what if it doesn't fall into a perfect BMI- its certainly going to better than it is at nearly 18 stone!

Claire

I'm 5'9 and I haven't set my target yet, I'll be doing that on tuesday (btw I got my club 10 last tuesday!!) but the consultant had about 7 new members and I got there just before class so she asked if we could set the target next week. I'm looking at 11st, but that might change when I get there, according to those calculators, my ideal weight is 10st 9, but not sure if I want to go that far.

Thanks for your replies!! Think I am going to reset it to 11st 7lb to start with which means 1 stone to lose. But going to Australia in November (15 weeks) so that's 1 pound a week and my stone!! ;)

I'm 5ft 10 and aiming for 11 stone. I know i wasn't happy at 12. But i say ignore BMI and just go for what you feel comfortable when you get there. Set a loose target, for something to aim at, but it doesn't have to be set in stone.

Hiya, i'm 5'10. I had originally set my target to be eleven and a half but think i may adjust it to around ten ten. With a stone to go to target i feel i'd still like to loose a bit more. X

I am 5' 8" and have set a provisional target for 10 stone 7lbs but that may well change nearer the time.

Don't pay much mind to the BMI chart as it can be wrong for some body types. I'm 5'8" and naturally have a very slim build. When I started SW I weighed 201.5lbs and everyone in group said I lookd fine to them. Now I weigh 164lbs and everyone says I must be close to goal because I look so slim. I could stop now if i wanted to but I want to get down at least another stone. If i followed the BMI chart I would get down to 135lbs because that's what it says is right in the middle of healthy weights for my height. I look sickly at 135lbs. You know your body best. Pick whatever weight you're comfotable with and if you're not happy with how you look when you get there you can always adjust your goal.

hi all.i agree with grevo zombiecakes and trippetta23.i think it's a good idea to not stress out too much on bmi.mines very high at the mo!but i once lost a lot of weight(6/12 stone)in a short space of time.and by the time i was into size 12's(12stone13lbs)my boobs were almost unnoticeable and my face was looking drawn.this time i've decided a size 14 to 16 for me,and then i want to be able to give myself a break from a life of trying to be something i'm not meant to be(stick thin) and just try to stay feeling(and looking,i think)healthy.but i read that for me to ever have a 'normal range'bmi i would need to be around 12stone 2lbs!everyones body is different,i think if i keep obsessing too much on the numbers,once i'm feeling ok health wise,i will never move on from seeing 'myself as the fatty'!

no worries, i used to visit the mens health magazine forum alot and they always preached on there about how BMI was useless. There were guys on the site who were completely ripped and had extremely low body fat percentages yet were still classed as overweight using BMI.

Back