Are you taking a bikini?

slendablenda

Gold Member
Moi??!!!
That's what my husband asked me today when we were about to go to the beach.
I haven't worn a bikini for about 25 years.
It had never occurred to me that I would even consider it again without expecting all the wildlife dropping dead with shock for about 20 miles around.
Needless to say I didn't wear a bikini,but I did wear a strappy sundress with just a little pair of knickers and a smile.
We went to Littlehampton which is usually quiet - it was packed. I couldn't help noticing that all around were some very large ladies, nearly all in black, some completely covered up, some in wraps and sarongs and I knew exactly how they felt. I knew how self-conscious they felt, how hot they were, how they were worried about how they would get up , I knew they might want to go in the water, but there was no way they would.
I saw them eating ice creams and fish and chips and thinking s*d it.
I knew all that because that was me.
It's not now and it never will be again.
I thank God and LL for my good fortune and my new life. I still keep having to pinch myself. :kissass:

That is totally brilliant SB, and yes, I stopped getting into water, pools all sorts years ago, so people wouldn't look. I would be a bit nervous in a bikini, but that is because I am sooo flabby currently, will have to see when I get to goal and have toned up a bit. You must be so damn proud of your achievement!

Funny, when I see overweight people now, I want to rush up to them and say, it doesn't have to be like this, there is another way- Lighter Life, lol I have become sooooo damn evangelical!!

Jez
xx

I feel like that a lot Jezz - you get very evangelical about it.

Makes me sad seeing women like you describe SB, cause i was one too. Sat on so many sidelines, longing to particpate in whatever it was - swimming, dancing, etc., always making an excuse/lie. :( It was a horrible way to live, but never ever again. Phew.

Its hard when you see them, and no what they are feeling.

I now wear a bikini when I'm on the beach. Much as I'm far from the girl with the six pack I was when I was 18, I'm proud of what I've achieved. I want an all over tan and if that means the world has to see my freaky stomach and other offending saggy bits then so be it.

I've wasted ten years avoiding things because of my weight. Why shouldn't I just do whatever I want now? Just because I'm not perfect.

The way I see it, if I see someone overweight in a bikini I think 'they're overweight' then get on with whatever I'm doing. I don't oggle. So as far as I'm concerned, people see me and think 'she's got a lot of stretch marks' and then continue on their merry way.

As the song goes....I am what I am!! This summer has been the best I've ever had. I never realised what I had when I was 18 and I blew it and put on over 14 stone (yes, you read that right). Now I've worked so hard to get to where I am my confidence is sky high (although I inevitably have plenty of 'moments') I don't care if I scare the seagulls!!

What a brilliant attitude Rachel, I have spent far too long merely existing and not living, I am taking a leaf from your book!

Jez
xx

No hot men at the weddings I'm afraid....Actually, that's not true, but the hot ones were all married! I'm at the age when it all you start to feel more and more single!

Ha ha, don't worry hun I feel the same, and the nice ones are all married or gay:) pah London does suck at times, but perhaps I am just too fussy after all this time of being single.

Jez
xx

I haven't worn a bikini for about 25 years.
It had never occurred to me that I would even consider it again without expecting all the wildlife dropping dead with shock for about 20 miles around.

Funnily enough - today, when I said I needed a new swimsuit my hubby asked me if I would buy a bikini :eek:. I was a lot taken aback as he has NEVER seen me in a bikini. Last time I wore one I was age 19 and in the Bahamas!

I said there was no chance of me ever exposing the horrors of my overstretched belly dough to the unsuspecting public. He came back straight away to say how much he likes my belly and that I would make a great belly dancer. Bless him! He has been fantastic. He never criticised when I was big and now he loves my new body, even the saggy baggy bits :p.

The swimsuit I was going to get is for proper swim training and a bikini is just not up to the job....

I couldn't help noticing that all around were some very large ladies, nearly all in black, some completely covered up, some in wraps and sarongs and I knew exactly how they felt. I knew how self-conscious they felt, how hot they were, how they were worried about how they would get up , I knew they might want to go in the water, but there was no way they would.
I saw them eating ice creams and fish and chips and thinking s*d it.
I knew all that because that was me.
It's not now and it never will be again.
I thank God and LL for my good fortune and my new life. I still keep having to pinch myself. :kissass:

Hear, hear!

I guess I did go in the water as I love swimming too much. But I would be in Black and covered up and feeling hot and very self-conscious. Fish and chips and ice-cream. Check!

Now I feel amazing, if only I could find a proper swimsuit to fit!

Good for you SB, and everyone else too who now has the confidence to 'strip off' and go swimming, wether in a bikini or swimsuit or whatever!

I'd love to do it but just can't yet, still far to self-conscious :eek:

Hi TI,
You OH sounds like mine. He never moaned when I was big apart from once or twice when he said he was concerned for my health. He was never embarrassed to be seen with me . Now he keeps telling
me how proud he is of what I have achieved, how my health has improved and how proud he is of his wife. Lovely guy. He even bought me an eternity ring with 12 little diamonds to signify the 12stone I lost.
I'm pleased for him because I know I'm easier to live with nowadays.
The ripple(lol) effects from doing LL just go on and on. Hurrah !

I swim 4 times a week (currently am hitting 45 minute sessions, soon to be 60 minute sessions). Obviously no bikini for me (though some may argue I need one...)

Pete, get yourself in there fgs. You'll be one of the fittest blokes there and no one will ever even look at you (well some of the women might, and they'll be thinking naughty thoughts but still...).

Back