ARGH! 1st time a t david lyods gym!

missyheidi

Hello all, just thought I would write this on my way to my induction. I currently hope to lose at least 8 stone, maybe 10 at at a push ? was just wondering how you all perhaps got on at first if you had also joined the gym? So nervous haha xx

dont be nervous, starting at a gym is a great start! alot dont even reach that part......

I joined the gym back in April last year - I'd lost 7lbs by then Best decision I made. The trainers were really supportive of me and designed a programme that I could cope with. Yes I was the biggest one there, but I decided to stick my headphones in and ignore everyone else. No one made any comment on my size (18-20 at the time) and I actually started to enjoy it very quickly. The first time goging is the worst, then you've been there and done it! Good luck it help tremendously with weight loss. x

Thankyou! Trainer was lovely and understanding and I was the biggest one there too :0( but i enjoyed seeing the mens muscles haha. The programme that was set is brilliant for me so pleased about that. I had a wobbly moment of walking out the centre but 5 minutes later I walked back in and done some swimming. Needless to say for once I am proud of myself ? did you adapt rather quickly? Xx

Glad it went well for you. Yes I adapted to it really quickly - went swimming each week, and after 3 months put in a couple of classes. Couldn't do it all, but let the instructor know at the start, and she was happy to explain the easy option for the moves so I could do them more easily. Again as my fitness increased I could do more and felt more comfy about myself. It really was the best decision I made and it does work.

Back