Arghh, we've plateau'd

STPT

DH and I are stuck, our weight hasn't moved in two weeks. We haven't gained which is excellent, but we haven't lost either.
How can we kick start ourselves again. We aren't cheating, we rarely eat the tolerated foods so what is going wrong? We are both a bit unmotivated right now as weight loss has been slow (10 weeks to lose 17lbs each) and now we've come to a standstill.
Any tips?
Many thanks.

Hello there,
I'd advise posting your menus nonetheless. We might be able to spot not so much an error but perhaps foods which in the past have been known to cause issues.
Two weeks without losing must be exasperating. You of course are bang in the middle of normal BMI so your weight loss will be slow of course. Have you tried increasing exercise at all? (Also the usual query re cycle, transit, water retention can apply to you, but not your DH of course!!)

Stalling happens to us all. The key is not to give up!! Sure, look to see if anything is wrong in the diet/exercise etc just in case but it is normal to stall at some point.

Yay, 2lbs down this morning...I think an increase in exercise has happened this week. Was doing the 30 mins but I've upped the intensity this week.
thank you for your encouragement.

Back