ARGHHHHH!! Mid-week weight gain?

FatGurlSlim

So...been losing steadily at around 2lbs per week since I started 4 and 1/2 weeks ago, stupidly decided to jump on scale today, and have put on nearly a pound since my last weigh in. I've stuck to the plan.

Heard that lactic acid when you start exercising can look like a gain? Did some exercise yesterday? I know I'm greasping at straws, but could that be it?

I keep a diary religiously, and write everything down straightaway - no room for error in what I've been eating.

Please help!

That's why you shouldn't sneaky peek. Natural fluctuations of up to 7lb from one day to the next. ;)

Don't weigh mid week if you're not prepared to see a gain (which probably will turn into a loss by your weigh day). And I know that sounds a little short but unfortunately this topic comes up every week.

There are loads of threads on this so if you search I'm sure plenty will come up with lots of advice. Have a look for threads on exercise and weight gain as well. There are loads of these also.

Please don't be offended that I have told you to search, it's mostly to avoid repetition :)

Silly me! Should have looked first.

Thank you both for replies - am going to look this topic up, but already feel a bit better.

Cheers!

I gain about 3lbs the week I ovulate, so two weeks after period. Then loose it after a few more days!

I weigh daily, so I am not afraid of these gains. It all settles in the end

Wow - never even thought about ovulation gain! Am going to try and see if I can see a pattern though.

Eeek - official weigh in tomorrow!

Yep - good advice. I cannot take a gain! It ruins my day! I am addicted to the scale though, so it's really hard to not weigh myself. I threw my set away, and only used the ones at SW, then I got a new housemate who brought a fancy schmancy digital fat measuring pair, and I can't stop hopping on and off 'em!

It's soooo much better just doing it onec a week though. Must use all willpower.

Back