Arrggggg. Can't seem to get past this!

Quick&Painful

I'm so frustrated that I'm still 10.1. That means I've lost one pound this week! ONE!! It's sooooo annoying and I feel like throwing in the towel. I know if it was anyone else I'd say... Press on, it'll come off, but when it's me I feel really frustrated, I just want to get into the 9's.... Maybe my body just wont let that happen?...

I'm gonna do some exercise today, haven't done much this week as I thought that's what slowed me down last week.... I don't know what to do. Just wish I could be 9.7 already. Still 8 lbs to go !!

Arrgghhhh.

Rant over.

Ok Hun. I k know how you feel .... Could I suggest that you stop weighing every day... I used to do it and if the scales did not move I would get depressed for the day .... It is going to come off slowly now because you are so close .... Get to weigh in on Monday and if you have a small loss (which I doubt ) maybe it's time for you to move up the plan ... This way you can increase your exercise and get to target this way .... My personal feeling is if you start to get to losing about 1-2 lbs for a few weeks.. Ketosis is not working anymore ( as you have burnt as much fat as you can this way) and you should move up the plan or move to something like ww .. As you can comfortably lose the rest of the weight ... I know my last CDC said that if you have less than a stone to lose SS was not allowed and I had to move up to 810.... I have 12lbs to go so again I will stay on SS until I slow down and move up to healthy eating.... Just a thought Hun ... You are doing fantastic and you are nearly there ... !!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

what plan are you following hun? i agree with pretika its cause you are so close i know its annoying cause you can see the finish line but you will get there and then all this will be a distant memory. if you give in you will never get there.

I agree with Pretika and tinkerbellsmum, its because you are so close to goal. Don't weigh every day, as scales lie, because weight can flutuate during the week, as long as you stay on plan you will lose. If the lbs aren't showing on the scales I bet inches are coming off.

Just move up the plans, so you can exercise more, If you are ss/ss+ and exercising too much it could be your body is holding onto some weight, to use for energy, you may need to be on a higher plan

Thank you for the support ladies.

I think you might be right, my last CDC told me to come off ss with a stone left to lose and I am only half a stone off target. I have had a little more protein and veg in the last couple of days but I doubt that has anything to do with my stall in weight loss. Maybe I should move to 810, the thing is I know what I'm like, it's all or nothing with me. This is why CD works for me.

I still haven't had any bowel movement 2 x senekot max strength later.... So that could be holding onto a bit for me.

I agree, I need to stay off the scales, I really hope I've lost at least 3lbs this week.

I think I'm stressing because I have a deadline, I need to get into my bikinis by the 14th! Yes they fit, but not as I would like.

Right, ladies. Thank you again for your support. I am going to go for a run to de-stress and hopefully burn some fat!!!

Hope you both have a fantastic day! X

I think you might be right, my last CDC told me to come off ss with a stone left to lose and I am only half a stone off target. I have had a little more protein and veg in the last couple of days but I doubt that has anything to do with my stall in weight loss. Maybe I should move to 810, the thing is I know what I'm like, it's all or nothing with me. This is why CD works for me.

If you've been having extra protein and veg, you're probably closer to doing 810 than you think. :) But seriously, it is a good idea to move up once you've only got a stone left to lose. Because your body hasn't got as much fat to burn, it starts looking for something else to burn - like your muscle. And that's not good, because if you lose lean muscle mass, your metabolism goes down, so you don't need as many calories to maintain your current weight - which in turn means you won't lose as much weight. Think about moving officially on to 810, okay?

I still haven't had any bowel movement 2 x senekot max strength later.... So that could be holding onto a bit for me.

No question. You've probably got a couple of pounds... ahem... right there. :D Drink more water. :)

I think I'm stressing because I have a deadline, I need to get into my bikinis by the 14th! Yes they fit, but not as I would like.

Interesting thing, perception. Is it really that you need to be slimmer from an actual point of view - or slimmer from a scales point of view? Would you rather look slimmer but be 10st 1lb - or would you rather be 9st 7lbs and look exactly the same as you do now?

Sorry - it's a question I've been playing with lately. I look slimmer but my scales aren't budging either - and I know that I definitely want my scales to tell me what I'm seeing.

Hope you have a good day - and don't go too mad exercise-wise, okay? You'll just do damage to your joints and retain even more water!

I am on the 810 plan although I only have 2 packs and a meal so prob more like 700 calories. I lose 1-2 pounds a week as I am 9 stones 3 now. So it does come off just not as fast bit to be honest even the 1 or 2 pounds is making a lot of difference clothes wise! X

restart 04/05/11 week 1 = 9 stones 7 -- week 2= 9 stones 5 -- week 3= 9 stones 3

Lily said:
If you've been having extra protein and veg, you're probably closer to doing 810 than you think. :) But seriously, it is a good idea to move up once you've only got a stone left to lose. Because your body hasn't got as much fat to burn, it starts looking for something else to burn - like your muscle. And that's not good, because if you lose lean muscle mass, your metabolism goes down, so you don't need as many calories to maintain your current weight - which in turn means you won't lose as much weight. Think about moving officially on to 810, okay?

No question. You've probably got a couple of pounds... ahem... right there. :D Drink more water. :)

Interesting thing, perception. Is it really that you need to be slimmer from an actual point of view - or slimmer from a scales point of view? Would you rather look slimmer but be 10st 1lb - or would you rather be 9st 7lbs and look exactly the same as you do now?

Sorry - it's a question I've been playing with lately. I look slimmer but my scales aren't budging either - and I know that I definitely want my scales to tell me what I'm seeing.

Hope you have a good day - and don't go too mad exercise-wise, okay? You'll just do damage to your joints and retain even more water!

Well I ended up doing an amazing workout burned around 4-500 calories, I feel so much better. Exercise makes me feel better. I have eaten my + meal already which is way too early but I'll just fill up on water now. Defo gonna do 810, I can't burn all those calories and survive on so little.

I don't actually care what the scales say, I would happily be 12 stone provided I didn't have the bello pooch.... That's all that botheres me, if it wasn't there I wouldn't be dieting. I can see it going down, I just need to stay focused. Defo gonna get back to my usual workouts and weight training and just fill up on the protein of 810. I've also had more pickled cabbage than I should have... Never realised how addictive it was!

Thanks for your support, I just want a smaller tummy for holiday!
Hope you've had a good day!

Nas.85 said:
I am on the 810 plan although I only have 2 packs and a meal so prob more like 700 calories. I lose 1-2 pounds a week as I am 9 stones 3 now. So it does come off just not as fast bit to be honest even the 1 or 2 pounds is making a lot of difference clothes wise! X

restart 04/05/11 week 1 = 9 stones 7 -- week 2= 9 stones 5 -- week 3= 9 stones 3

Ideally I'd like to lose 4 lbs a week, but I would rather 1-2 over nothing. I'm gonna switch to 810. Are you still in ketosis on 810?... The thing that worries me is if I don't have the fear of ketosis then I may just end up eating things I shouldn't.

hey :)

my CDC told me that I wont be in ketosis on 810.. but for me personally, i dont care about that, i was more concerned by the fact that I was struggling to do my excercise classes through lack of energy.

Debs x

Yes I am still in ketosis as the meal I have for dinner is very small and has almost no carbs. Chicken breast with a bit of broccoli or salad with some feta without tomatoes or a prawn omelette...
I never did SS I've lost all my weight with 810. I was losing 4lbs a week at 11 stones but when I got in to 9's it slowed to 2lbs a week which I'm happy with as if I was on WW I'd prob be losing half a pound/1pound at the most! X

Well. After yesterday's running, weights and extra protein I have that really nice 'tight' feeling that I quite like. So I'm feeling good about that, gonna work out again today and I can't wait till the gym opens!

But I appear to have gained a pound since yesterday! WTF?!!!

If you exercise really hard, your body will hold on to some of the water to repair your stressed muscles. So you could be retaining water. Not to mention the fact that muscle is heavy, so you will be putting on muscle weight -although adding a little muscle weight is good too as muscles burn more calories even when you are asleep and makes you look lovely and toned. Ultimately, your body will be losing fat but it just isn't showing on the scales right now. It will eventually.

Thanks losingit. Didn't think about the water retention to repair, good point. A for muscle, I love building muscle and love what it does to my body, I stopped weight training a few months ago due to injury but I am so back on it.

Isn't it sad that we let the scales dictate... I need to stay off them and switch for the mirror! Although I know that mine and most CDC work on 'weight' and say things like 'the scales don't lie'.... Ahh well, if my CDC says anything maybe I'll teach her a thing or two about diet and exercise!

Sigh.... If only being skinny were as easy as getting fat!

My scales are always wrong as I can't find a place in my house that's completely flat so I just don't weigh myself until I see my CDC. I'm always right about losing or gaining a I can feel it around the belly area and my clothes fitting better. It's nice to look forward to it as well really x

Nas.85 said:
My scales are always wrong as I can't find a place in my house that's completely flat so I just don't weigh myself until I see my CDC. I'm always right about losing or gaining a I can feel it around the belly area and my clothes fitting better. It's nice to look forward to it as well really x

That's annoying that you can't use your own scales properly. But at least it keeps you off them! I should go round and make all my floors uneven so I can't weigh! :)

I think in all of this I have forgotten what my original target was..... It was not a weight.... It was how I look and feel... And despite no weight loss I feel and look slimmer... Maybe my measurements will show that..

I am now doing quite intense workouts and have added extra protein to repair my muscles. Gonna do one more week of CD and then just switch to a high protein diet and stick with the workouts. I think I'm past the point where CD can help me lose lots of weight fast.

Back