Artificial Honey

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by tome, 16 January 2011 Social URL.

1. tome

tome Full Member

Hi, all, I haven't been here for a while - just lurking. But I have a question. When I was in the states I found some sugar free honey - by natures hollow. It was really nice. But I haven't been able to find any in the UK.

Does anyone know where you can buy some?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    sugarfreesuperstore.co.uk do a product they describe as sugar free honey, but actually contains fructose, so wont be much lower in calories, but is lower GI. They do have though a sugar free maple syrup that works out at 9 cals a tablespoon, which sounds quite interesting, i might order some to try it.

4. Dreamer

Dreamer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    237lb
    Current Weight:
    224.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    198lb
    Lost(%):
    12.5lb(5.27%)
    All I could find is this: Avid Syrups It sounds similar to the above though, and the product above it on the page isn't really a honey substitute, although good if you just want to sweeten things.

5. Dreamer

Dreamer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    237lb
    Current Weight:
    224.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    198lb
    Lost(%):
    12.5lb(5.27%)
    Lynn I like the look of the maple syrup too :) Might get some, reasonably priced too.

6. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    it is until you add the postage lol, works at about £8 with postage :(

I still might get some though, it could be good in yoghurt and i guess it will last a while.

I added some other low carb goodies like pasta and bread mix to make the shipping less painful. Will let you know what its like when it turns up

Last edited: 16 January 2011
  7. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    My order turned up this morning, pretty good since i only ordered Sunday evening. The maple syrup is amazing! Im truley impressed. I just had some on plain yoghurt for breakfast and it was gorgeous, I dont think it tastes any different to normal maple syrup, and Im really sensitive to artificial sweetener. The whole 12fluid ounce bottle is 200 cals and very low carb. A large spoonful is about 9 cals. Im definately ordering this again.

Also ordered low carb bread mix which I will have a go at today, some low carb pasta, and some low carb hot chocolate drinks, so will look forward to trying those but the maple syrup is a definate winner.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.