Artificial Sweetner

sarahandmolly

Gold Member
Which one do you use? I don't want any with that nasty chemical Aspartme (I think that's what it is!) in! So can anyone point me in the right direction of which is a nice one? x

Splenda is made from sucralose. I think all of the others will be aspartame based.

Aspartame is in "everything" (well pretty much) with a "diet" sticker on it though. Very hard to avoid!

I agree, it's something that is hard to avoid really. Interesting as I didn't think there was a chance of finding a sweetener without it (not that I'd looked, just thought it would be staple to them all!!!). So yay - splenda from now on then!!!

x

I bought some brown sugar today mixed with splenda,not sure how many syns yet but it says it has half the calories and you use less. Will be lovely on strawberries

Squiddie have u been at the vodka or is it just me?
coz at this time of night that explaination is as clear as mud !!!!! lol

Squiddie have u been at the vodka or is it just me?
coz at this time of night that explaination is as clear as mud !!!!! lol

That made sense to me.... I blame the Bacardi lol. But you would just divide by 2 and count what you use rather than what you would normally use

xx

Haha, oh wish I could be drinking, probably the morphine!

I shall try again. Since Brown Splenda is half splenda and half real sugar, and you only need to use half as much. So therefore it is equal to a quarter of the syns in real brown sugar.
The syns for brown sugar 5 for 28g and divide by 4 so 1.25.
So 28g of Brown Spleda is 1 and a bit syns.

Hope that's better!

Yes excellent that makes sense, not bad for the syns, will give it a go in baking over the weekend should give a nice taste that u dont get from white splenda, ta 4 clearing that up

Back