As slim fast is approx 1200-1500 kcal diet, can we sumtimes substitute for other food

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by charliebecca, 13 June 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. charliebecca

charliebecca Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im a SF virgin and thinking of starting. Thing is I know the shakes obviousyl have all the right vitamins and what you need but if there are days where i just need something a bit different are we allowed to say substitute a shake for a soup of the same kcals? or even a small meal? Has anyone done this and still continued to lose weight?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. old_user45

old_user45 Silver Member

Welcome!!

I'm not sure on the official answer here, perhaps one of the more SF'ers can assist?

However, I have been doing as youndescribe above (on the odd occasion), although perhaps I'm not the beat role model, I keep slipping up!! :(

I think that health wise it probably better tos tick to SF stuff with all the nutrients, but if you really can't stomach it, a veggies packed balanced meal wouldn't be too much of a problem!!

Sure someone will clarify!!

Good luck!!

:) Rhi :)

4. alphashallows

alphashallows Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25.69%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I do it quite often, usually when I'm in work and can't get away with just having a shake (the amount of questioning I would get from my colleagues is just not worth it!) ...I just make absolutely sure I don't go over the cals of the shake - usually this means a salad, or a sandwich that has the same amount of cals (which is around 220)

I sometimes feel like I don't want a shake when it comes to lunch time so I have my 600 cal 'main' meal for lunch and then a shake when I get home for my dinner, with usually all 3 of my snacks. This is kinda cheating but its still the same cals, just switched around. :)

Edit: Oh, and i've still lost weight doing it this way!

5. fortyandfat

fortyandfat is crazy

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    exante
    i also replace a shake sometimes with food. but i always have a shake as soon as i get back from doing the morning nursery school run. never have time for brekie normally but a shake a day in the morning will kick start your metab for the day and give your system a boost with all the right vitamins so i recommend you should have a shake or at least cereal for brekie. :D

6. kazzymc

kazzymc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(10.78%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    i swap now and then when i fancy a change

7. moochelle

moochelle Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.69%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    i've swapped for a meal a couple of times when friends or family have been going out for lunch and i've already planned an evening meal. i just tend to stick to a salad without dressing usually which i guess can't be much more than a shake calorie wise. on days like these i tend not to have an afternoon snack...just to be on the safeside and i've still lost weight.

You should probably speak to a well established slim faster to be sure but i guess you work your own diet out to suit you :) xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.