Asda All-in-One Soup!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I've just made a lovely soup from bits and pieces from Asda that I bought this afternoon, so thought I would share! It's not a fixed recipe, more of an expandable/adaptable idea really. I've just got bored with chomping through my green veg, and I was tending to stick to meat and eggs and getting away from my 'five a day', so thought it might be possible to do a nice soup/broth using allowed/LC ingredients, to make a tasty change.

This is what I used:-

1 pack of Asda Kale/Spinach/Pak Choi/Jagallo Nero (called "Stir, Salad or Steam")
1 pack of Asda Watercress
2 sliced small peppers - 1 red & 1 yellow
chopped chives
seasoned with Lo-Salt/black pepper/Aromat

I boiled this up with a little bit of water until it was soft.

I then took:-

Half a packet of Asda Smartprice Chunky Chicken - cut up into smaller pieces
6 Asda Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced

I fried these in stir-fry oil (nice flavour!) until golden.

First I put the veg through the blender until it was well 'mushed'. Then I added the chicken and mushrooms, but only pulsed it a few times, so they kept a bit more shape.

Result - a nice yummy wintery soup! :) I've had a third of it and I'm filled up already. All these ingredients are cheap (the chives were reduced, lol) so it's a good nourishing LC soup for not that many pennies. The thing is - you can probably use any veg and any meat (or fish) really, depending on your taste. All I was trying to do was to have a go at something different to ring the changes, and I'm really glad I tried. There will be different soups with different ingredients when this one's finished! :p

(Postscript - I recently bought one of those soupmakers, which I've looked at but not used yet. Why did I bother? It's just as easy to cook up your soup contents first, then just chuck it all in the blender! Bit of a waste of money there, Jaycey, stop getting taken in by those adverts, lol.......)

Sounds dellicious and part of the fun of low carb is the experimenting and cooking:)

Back