Asda curry pot and chinese meals values?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by frugal fifer, 23 June 2009 Social URL.

1. frugal fifer

frugal fifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remember years ago that some of the curry pot and chinese meals were free on SW, are there still any?
    I got the good for you s/s chicken and the only value I can get online is for a pre-packed one at 7 syns. I rarely shop at asda and don't want to get the big asda book so if anyone can help me with low syn or free meals in that section of the store I would be really pleased.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry hun I can't find any syn free ready meals at Asda :( Maybe someone will have more luck.

4. frugal fifer

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks anyway squiddie, was just hoping there might be something to keep in the freezer for an emergency take out fix :)

5. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found a couple of free meals on Green, Tesco Healthy Living/Sainsbury Be Good to Yourself Medditerean Veg Pasta is free on green and Heinz Big Eat Chunky Veg & Tomato Hop pot is 1.5

6. frugal fifer

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that squiddie, I do try to cook from scratch all the time, but it's handy to have a couple of things on standby for the days I can't manage or if I don't feel well.

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  8. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah I know what you mean, I am the same. There are a few low syn ready meals about, but it's hard work knowing what is and what it's when you're in the supermarket! Hidden oils and fats, pain in the bum!

9. dino4

dino4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Diet:
    weightwatchers (veggie only)
    you would be better off getting supernoodles/savoury rice/mug shots for the days you want something easy. even marshalls macaroni cheese is free points

Marshalls Cheesey Macaroni, dried 100g dry[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] Original 18½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green Free[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    the next time you make a pan of something keep some aside for the freezer.

10. dino4

dino4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Diet:
    weightwatchers (veggie only)
    Asda Good for You, Vegetable Chilli, canned 400g can[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] Original 14 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green Free[/FONT]
    [/FONT]Asda Vegetable Ratatouille, chilled 400g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 1½ Syns[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    if you get savoury rice, get batchelors as i have just noticed asdas have a 1/2 syn for theirs
    Batchelors Savoury Rice, Chicken, dried 215g packet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] Original 37 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green Free[/FONT]
    [/FONT]Asda Savoury Rice, Golden Vegetable, made up as directed, dried 100g cooked[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] Original 5½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green ½ Syn[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.