Asda hoisin duck with pancakes

honeypop

Gold Member
I bought the asda chosen by you range. Crispy aromatic shredded duck with hoisin sauce and pancakes. I can't find the syn value anywhere. I tried to work it out myself and its 46 syns which seems high. Anyone know the syn value

I bought the asda chosen by you range. Crispy aromatic shredded duck with hoisin sauce and pancakes. I can't find the syn value anywhere. I tried to work it out myself and its 46 syns which seems high. Anyone know the syn value

Can you post the nutritional info so I can work it out for you?

Ok will do it now

Can you post the nutritional info so I can work it out for you?

Hoisin sauce is 92g (per 100g is 195kcal)
Pancakes is 65g (per 100g is 338kcal)
Duck is 92g(per 100g is 248kcal)

Hoisin sauce is 92g (per 100g is 195kcal)
Pancakes is 65g (per 100g is 338kcal)
Duck is 92g(per 100g is 248kcal)

Well the hoisin sauce definitely has no free food allowance, so you can work out the Syns using the "20 calories = 1 Syn" formula. 92g is near enough 100g, so 195 / 20 = 9.75, which would round up to 10 Syns for the Hoisin Sauce.

Again, the pancakes wouldn't class for any free food allowance. For 100g, they would be 17 Syns. So, 17 / 100 = 0.17 . . . 0.17 x 65g = 11.05. So, 11 Syns for the Pancakes.

And finally, the duck. I'm not sure if it classes as a free food or not - isn't it quite fatty? If it has no free food allowance then I work it out to be 12.5 Syns for the duck.

So that would be 33.5 Syns for the whole thing. Unless of course the duck is free, then that would bring the Syns down slightly.

Thanks. Looking in my book duck is on the free section. So that means I can cut out the syns for the duck?

Thanks. Looking in my book duck is on the free section. So that means I can cut out the syns for the duck?

I wouldn't say it was totally free. As it's "crispy" duck, that says straight away to me that oil has been used in cooking it. I personally would Syn it just to be on the safe side - but it's your weight loss so you should really do whatever you think is best :)

Ur right. Ill syn it. Maybe just over half the full syns x

When I've bought these packets before, the duck always has the skin on, as they crisp up the skin probably by frying it! So, to be on the safe side I would count in the full amount of syns calculated by Princess Stevie. If its for 2 of you tho, its not too bad!
For future reference Charlene, I make this dish myself as its one of my favourite Chinese dishes. I cook up some chicken breasts/thighs (free) & shred them, buy some Chinese pancakes (approx 1.5 syns per pancake), have shop bought HoiSin (1.5 syns per tbsp) & the cucumber/spring onion (free). So, a lot less in the synage department! x

Thanks kim! That's great advice. Ill do that in future x

Back