Asda Kids whip dessert??

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Kater-tater, 26 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can anyone tell me the syns in this?
    The packaging is very confusing.

its like angel delight but it is the healthy kiddie version with green packaging...

i want to use my HeA for it

or can anyone else tell me the values of angel delight style desserts? Own makes? morrisons no added sugar ? etc etc

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am not sure if this is what you are referring to - I can't find anything called Kids Whip or anything like it, but there is something in a green package called Great Stuff (various flavours) Delight.

The only flavour listed on the Syns Online is this:

Asda Great Stuff, Golden Butterscotch Delight, Reduced Sugar, made up as directed, dried 28g made up

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] 1½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 1½ Syns [​IMG] Green 1½ Syns [/FONT]

[/FONT]
    That doesn't seem to take into account the fact that you would be using your milk as a healthy extra.

According to the Asda website the ingredients are as follows:
    Ingredients

Maltodextrin , Tapioca Starch , Vegetable Oil , Gelling Agents (Sodium Phosphates, Diphosphates) , Milk Protein , Flavouring , Colours (Plain Caramel, Annatto) , Emulsifier (Acetic Acid Esters of Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids) , Acidity Regulator (Potassium Phosphates) , Sweetener (Sucralose) .

The powder (granules, or whatever it is) is 97 calories for 100g, and the package size is 47g, so about half of that - say 50 calories.

I am not sure this is very helpful, but I hope that it is of some use to you.

The only other thing I would say is, looking at the ingredients list, that if Asda are marketing this as being "healthy" then they are obviously using their own unique interpretation of what that means!!

4. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That is the one i was talking about! It is aimed at children its got the 'garden gang' on the packaging. I love this stuff and used to have it on ww but the labelling is very unclear as to how much the calories actually are.
    Still a bit confused but i think on a day i want it i will use my A on it and not have many other syns just to be on the safe side :)

5. pnewton75

pnewton75 Starting Again

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hang on that's 1.5 syns for the full thing when made up?

aren't all the others about 11 syns?

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    1.5 syns for "Asda Great Stuff, Golden Butterscotch Delight, Reduced Sugar, made up as directed, dried, 28g made up"

So 28g of the made up mixture is 1.5 syns

Last edited: 27 May 2010
  7. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    I think the normal Angel Delight is about 16 syns! I do the LF fromage frais with an Options Sachet stirred into, LUSH and only 2 syns D:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.