• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Asda Leaner Cuts burgers and meatballs

S: 18st4.0lb C: 17st8lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 39.7 Loss: 0st10lb(3.91%)
don't quote me on this but im sure i have seen somewhere.. either on here or the FB group that the burgers are free. Im not 100% but im sure someone will come along soon enough and check as i cant get access to the sw calculator.

I think they are 7% fat, so they aren't free as they would need to be 5% or less, buthey aren't as bad as lean mince, which is usually 10% fat - so they are somewhere in between - just to confuse things nicely. Lean mince is 0.5 syns per 28g. You are unlikey to have ate more than 250grams which would be less than 5 syns if it was lean mince.

MrsB

Team FFF!!!
I think they are 7% fat, so they aren't free as they would need to be 5% or less, buthey aren't as bad as lean mince, which is usually 10% fat - so they are somewhere in between - just to confuse things nicely. Lean mince is 0.5 syns per 28g. You are unlikey to have ate more than 250grams which would be less than 5 syns if it was lean mince.
:eek::eek:I thought lean mince was free:eek::eek: ?

kingleds

Gold Member
I've put the nutrition through the syns calculator and the burgers come out free - don't know about meatballs though. What a result!!

Based on this nutritional information Calories in Asda Leaner Cuts Beef Burger - Calories and Nutrition Facts
Hi hun - how did you figure out the portion size. They would only be free if the nutritional info was based on 100gram as each portion has 4 grams fat. That could mean its 4% fat or 25% fat depending on the portion size. The calculator will assume its 100 gram portion unless you tell it otherwise.

Sorry

S: 13st4.5lb C: 9st7lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 24.3 Loss: 3st11.5lb(28.69%)
I've just had a HM syn free burger for lunch - I got the recipe from minimins:

-1lb ex lean mince
-bunch of spring onions trimmed and cut finely (I didn't have any so used some onion instead)
-2tsp bbq seasoning (Didn't have, so ommitted, though have got some for nxt time)
-2tsp worcestershire sauce
-2tsp mustard powder (Omitted)
-1 medium egg, beaten
-fry light
- Salt and Pepper

Method
1) mix beef, onion bbq seasoning worcestershire sauce, mustard powder and egg together in a large bowl.
2)Divide mixture up into burger shapes.
3)Spray with frylight and grill for 10-15 mins.

I made mine up and froze, then cooked from frozen as required.

I used a wholemeal meal roll as hexb some cheese as hexa.

S: 16st13.5lb C: 12st8lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 4st5.5lb(25.89%)
But I cook everything from scratch anyway - sometime it tastes nicer if you didn't make it yourself!