ASDA Meal Replacement Shakes

Maliumpkin

Hi,

I'm doing Exante, but I will be going away for a few days next week. I plan on staying 100%, but it's going to be an issue preparing shakes etc. as we are staying at a Travelodge.

Can I use the ASDA shakes for a few days? I will be gone from Sunday lunchtime until teatime Tuesday, so you're looking at 6-8 meals I will have to eat whilst I am out and about.

Any help/tips/advice greatly appreciated!

R x

Hi,

I'm doing Exante, but I will be going away for a few days next week. I plan on staying 100%, but it's going to be an issue preparing shakes etc. as we are staying at a Travelodge.

Can I use the ASDA shakes for a few days? I will be gone from Sunday lunchtime until teatime Tuesday, so you're looking at 6-8 meals I will have to eat whilst I am out and about.

Any help/tips/advice greatly appreciated!

R x

Presume you mean ASDA Groceries Online - From our store to your door

If so they have 50% more carbs than exante. Dunno if that is to much but I would presume it is 3 times a day.

Just been looking for you and found atkins advantage premade shakes. Should be easy for when you are out and about. Little pricey though compared to sachets

No you cant. Asda shakes aren't vlcd nor are they ketogenic. Youll come out of ketosis and wont be getting the nutrients you need. Atkins ones arent suitable either

Why not buy bottled water and make your shakes up with that in your room

I have been away on the diet and a shaker, (i got mine from exante but they r available from what i hve read in department stores) and some water works wonders. I would go that route to avoid any chance of disappointment. Also the tesco meal replacement bars are apparently ok. They r tasty discrete and portable.

I found a 750ml water bottle makes a much better shaker than the Exante one! I half fill it with water, so its more than they recommend (suits my personal preference) Ok so iit's a little tricky getting the powder in, but practice makes it easier! Then shake the hell out of it and no lumps! (My exante shaker always leaves it lumpy) Then you can just drink it straight from the bottle too.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup I went away for a couple of days the other week. Bought a 6 pack of waters from the shop and made up my shakes in my shaker and rinsed in the bathroom. Job done!

You can have the tesco meal replacement bars, they are the same amount of calories and a couple of grams of carbs more, exante told me the maximum amount of carbs were allowed is 80 grams so even if you had 3 bars it shouldn't be an issue

Back