asda soup packs

has2tri

I have brought an asda fresh tastes leek and potato soup mix. It is basically a bag of diced potatos, leek, onion and some parsley but cant find it to see if it is syned or not.
You just add water to it and bring to boil and simmer for 20-25 mins.

Anyone know?
Also could I add a stock cube to this???

TIA

Shell

sounds good - im gonna check if Waitrose do these! i need some soup recipies for my slow cooker! woop! x

Ellebear I'm going to buy a slowcooker cookbook today in town so I'll post you some yummy recipes!!XXX

Ellebear I'm going to buy a slowcooker cookbook today in town so I'll post you some yummy recipes!!XXX

WAHOO!!!

Thanks honey, there seem to be some ideas on here, and some links to websites too. Im hoping mine comes with some recipes included in the instructions!

Pick it up tonight :) xxx

Yep they're free, I've also tried the leek & potato pack & carrot & corriander pack & they freeze really well xx

I'm not keen on the potato & leek soup mix, but still fine for a quicky ;-)
What I do like, though, is just a couple of feet up from it...the ready to use sweet potatoe & butternut squash bags. simmer in a stock and blend for a really hearty, yummy, decedant soup ♥

i have had the bns and sweet potatoe but sadly froze it and when i got it out to do the soup when boiling it looked yukky and turned my stomack. Next time I shall cook it then and there so its fresh and yummy :)

I don't really understand why you would want to pay someone to chop your veg for you when you can do it yourself in under 5 minutes but each to their own :D

I don't really understand why you would want to pay someone to chop your veg for you when you can do it yourself in under 5 minutes but each to their own :D

I can't speak for others, but I work full time, 20 miles from home. I also have four dogs to walk at least three times a day, and this adds up to me being out of my house for a good 15-16 hours each day, for 5/6 and sometimes even 7 days a week. I also have a lovely husband, a social life, and a bed (!) lol. I do all...and I mean ALL of my cooking for breakfast, lunch & dinner from scratch, and sometimes it's a godsend to be able to chuck a back of pre prepared veg in a pot, or roasting tray. My version of a ready meal I guess.
To be honest, with some of the offers that you can pick up, it can work out cheaper to buy these things, especially when you take into account the wastage you 'pay' for in 'peelings 'n' pith' as I call it! lol

I can't speak for others, but I work full time, 20 miles from home. I also have four dogs to walk at least three times a day, and this adds up to me being out of my house for a good 15-16 hours each day, for 5/6 and sometimes even 7 days a week. I also have a lovely husband, a social life, and a bed (!) lol. I do all...and I mean ALL of my cooking for breakfast, lunch & dinner from scratch, and sometimes it's a godsend to be able to chuck a back of pre prepared veg in a pot, or roasting tray. My version of a ready meal I guess.
To be honest, with some of the offers that you can pick up, it can work out cheaper to buy these things, especially when you take into account the wastage you 'pay' for in 'peelings 'n' pith' as I call it! lol

I agree! I have an exhausting, stressful job (working for 'the council'), three children and a husband who works all weekend so if I can sometimes save 20 to 30 minutes peeling and chopping with minimal extra cost, then I take it!! No brainer for me I'm afraid

Back